New members, why you should stick around!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by David., Apr 15, 2010.

1. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All too often, I see some of you [new members] sign up to the forum to get some form of help, and when you get your answer, you leave. Wait! Don't go. We want you to stick around the community. We welcome you and want you to contribute. Without you, the forum may not exist. So, before you think about leaving us, read this little write-up I made:

1. We are a forum Community.
    Here at multi-touch fans, we value each individual member, post, and thread. These make up who we are. So, we want you to experience this, like a true member. We want you to post, make threads, and interact with other members. You will not regret it.

2. It may seem boring
    Well I could imagine how some of you [new members] might think staying on "some internet site" may be boring, it actually, is a lot of fun. You can interact with people, take part in some fun Off Topic section threads, and take part in the biggest iDevice community out there. You don't have to log in every day, you don't have to post on every topic, and you don't have to check every thread. You can log on once or twice a week, if you so choose. You can post on topics in which you like, or you find appealing. Also, you can look at only the threads you choose. You might find yourself liking it more and more, each time you visit.

3. Help.
    Sooner or later you might need some more help. Well, we are all here for you. If you can't find your answer searching, make a thread about it. One of our many members are sure to get to you. We want to help, and that's what most of you might not realize. Also, you may see a thread not many others do, and you might have the answer. Help the guy out! Just like we helped you. It is rewarding to know you helped someone along their journey to make the most out of their iDevice.

4. We want you!
    I can not say this enough times, we want you on the forum. We want you to stick around, and be a part of us. The community would be no where without you. So do us all a favor, and stick around. You never know how much you will enjoy it.

5. Social Groups
    Here at MtF we have social groups in which each member can be a part of one. There are groups like Play Station network and Xbox LIVE. Here, you can see if other people are into what you are, and talk to them about it. You could even get people to game with you on PSN or XBL.

6. Random Giveaways
    These also are always happening on multi-touch fans. The thread starters have their own way of letting you enter, and you can win some great things.

7. Promotional Codes
    Developers often stop by and give out some free promotional codes to new applications. Everyone has a chance to get one, and you could be one of the first to get the app. So checking the application section could prove to be very rewarding.

After reading that, you should start posting! Make the best out of our community, as only you can. Also, learn how to became a better member here.

Also, I would like to mention SumDaii and Chicken, for helping me with this write-up. Without them it would have taken much longer. And if you have any suggestions, go ahead and post them. I might use them and give credit.
  2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha

Please Register or Log in to view images

Great! This should be really helpful.
  3. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Nice !

2.5 years and counting
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This is an amazing post, especially the part where it asks them to stay.

-Quality Post
  5. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thank you jmwerkus
  6. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Very nice post Jug. Great work!
  7. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks silent walker
  8. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good write up, but we need a way for newer members to read it. Possibly a popup that is similar to the announcements at the top once in a while. They also get one regarding the rules, correct?
  9. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I agree with Natesterizer, new members won't search for this, we should put this at the top of their screen, like an announcement.
  10. The Poison Woman

The Poison Woman Banned

Oh dear god. Look, this is a very nice post and all and I can see you're loving the attention; but this isn't going to get you anywhere. Just informing you. And if it does, well..then we're doomed.