New member with questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by WRHSFootball63, Mar 14, 2009.

1. WRHSFootball63

WRHSFootball63 New Member

Hello everyone i realize this isn't in the introduce yourself forum but i have questions and i know those aren't really wnated there so to the point:
    I've had my touch 16 gb for about three months and have thought of jailbreaking for a while but just not enough info. about it to help and this forum looks like just the place for me! But questions are when i jailbreak do i lose everything i have now? And are there any negatives to jailbreaking and what exactly do i need to jailbreak?
    I'm sure all of these questions have been asked before but i will gladly appreciate your help.
  2. bryster126

bryster126 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well since you are new i think that these links will help you
    this is a good one
    and this one
    and also i am assuming that you have a 2g since you bought it 3 months ago.
    there is now a jailbreak for the 2g that you can find here
    hope that helps and welcome to the forums
  3. WRHSFootball63

WRHSFootball63 New Member

I appreciate the help and yes i do have 2G but the thing is i dont even know where to begin.
  4. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1.Well if you mess up, then you have to restore, and just try again. If you get it that time, then you just sync all of your stuff back on your iPod Touch.

2.Well the negatives are: You void your warranty, and possible breakage of home button(Don't know about this, but i think i heard of it), and You need some kind of program for your computer. Hope this helps, and Welcome to IPTF! =]