New member: Doug Hazzard

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by firehaz27, Dec 20, 2008.

1. firehaz27

firehaz27 New Member

Hi everyone,

It's good to be a member of your forum. What problems can't be solved by putting our minds and abilities together? No need to answer that...it's a rhetorical question.
    I bought my Ipod Touch "nused" off Craig's list a couple weeks ago. The sellers were selling an 8 gig for $180.00 that was still factory sealed. It works great and I've enjoyed learning how to use it. It seems to have so much potential for such a small device! There are a couple of things about the Ipod that have been frustrating. First, Apple (as far as I know) does not make the IPod compatible with third party applications. Also, I can't watch tv shows or movies off of Netflix or Hulu. I know that flash videos are supported to some extent as Youtube is accessible but why is it that I can play Flash videos on Youtube and not on other sites that have Flash video formats? Throw me a bone here?!

Thanks,

Doug Hazzard
    Grand Rapids, MI
  2. I.C_DeDPeoPle

I.C_DeDPeoPle Member

Wow $180 is to much in my opinion.
    you can jailbreak it so u can install 3rd party apps
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You do not need to Jailbreak to install 3rd Party Apps. Apps on the App Store ARE 3rd Party. You only need to Jailbreak to install non-App Store Apps.
  4. tgluak

tgluak New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    YouTube is available because it offers its videos in *.mp4 format. When you play videos off YouTube its not actually using flash.
  5. firehaz27

firehaz27 New Member

Great answers...That explains the issue with youtube vs. other videos sites.