New media player and plugins, Download any song using ipod! [Update in post #568]

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Trulife8342, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trulife8342

Trulife8342 New Member

Hey, I have been browsing this forum and I love seeing all the talent that has been going around and im here to give you guys some great news, My team has found a way to download songs using the download plugins then playing them with the ipod media player with no computer syncing needed, and we are also creating a brand new media player, please read for more information.

When you import a song into the I.T(ipod touch) it creates a folder and places the .mp3 in that folder and assigns it a random 4 digit name. Now the mp3 that is played in the media player on the I.T doesnt have its ID3 read, this means that if you move a song you downloaded using the safari plugins and then the sendfile.app, and you move that .mp3 and place it in that random folder and give it the same 4 digits as another mp3 in that folder, the I.T will play the audio that you downloaded but it will still have the same title artist and such. Why does it do this?, because of a file called iTunes_DB, the iTunes database has a list of all your .mp3's, I moved this file to my desktop and opened it using hex workshop, and I found that it was a very simple file this is how it was arranged.

>>Header>
    >>bits and sh*t that isnt important>
    >>File signature (the f***er upper)>

>And the song info which breaks into subgroups so its

>>>Song info
    >>"Song Title"
    >>"Artist"
    >>"Album">
    >>"Codec">
    >>"Folder name (the random folders that hold the mp3 audio not data)"
    >>"and the random 4 digit name"

Now this is where the media player gets its information about the audio its playing. What does this mean well I'll tell you.

I did a test to see if the iTunes_db needed to be signed (which means to be re-encrypted)
    and it turns out it does, this is how I know, I opened hex workshop(just a tool like wordpad to open up files and retrieve their data by reading it in hexadecimal), and I found a song in the itunes db titled "b*tch who you f***in wit", so I renamed 2 letters and made the title say "Fitch who you buckin wit", and when I went to upload it my ipod said that there was no music in the itunes library, Why does it do this?, because it wasnt resigned with the new data its like openeing a ziplock taking meat out, and putting new meat it but not zipping it, of course the meat will get rotten, you need to rezip it for it to work.

Well how does this serve as any purpose, Well simple. I own a gaming company (for legal issues [I dont want to get sued by having it tied to that name] I cant tell you guys the name of it), but My programming team thought it would be neat to create 2 things, A new media player that allows you to rename the song name, the artist, and add pictures as album art, and this is the cool part, every song you download using safari the new media player will automatically be able to play it with full audio control, so no having to move it to your computer and resyncing using iTunes, Now this is where things get really awesome, not only does the media player (the name is called Dimension Player), allow you to play the songs you downloaded which is found in the download folder in your ipod, it will also play the songs you sync using iTunes and will read the database also!, The other thing we are creating called Dimension signer, and this will automatically sign the songs you download into the iTunes DB, this is only if you dont want to use the Dimension Player.

I know I threw a lot at you guys, but I want all of you to know that this will take time, WE WILL NOT RELEASE UNLESS IT LOOKS PERFECT, We are going to be using professional graphics so it would seem as if Apple themselves made it. Please be patient, Expect a release by the end of febuary.

Any questions just post them here
  2. BoBop123

BoBop123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds freaking amazing. If you need any testers I would be glad to help.

Adam
  3. touchystuff

touchystuff New Member

That sounds like a good idea.
    I'll be a tester too
  4. bizty

bizty New Member

I would like to test it too. Just pm me.
  5. bddckr

bddckr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sounds awesome. Be sure to have a beta test.
  6. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Very well writen post.
    Let me be one of the first to thank you for doing this for us.
    This will be very useful to all of us.
    As the others, I am also willing to test any of the apps if needed (which I doubt, since you have a team that can test if need be).
    I await more updates, as do others, I'm sure.
    Keep is informed.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Ahh, and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as part of the ifans.com discussion board.
  7. Vee

Vee New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If help is needed, i'm your man.

8. sprigner

sprigner New Member

O..M...F...G?

Thank you so much for putting time and effort in making this, I for one would actually pay for this as FTP+Itunes Syncing is the worst thing on the face of the planet and some times cant be arsed downloading music purely because of the hassle you have to go through!

Any help you need in terms of Beta/Alpha testing just drop me a PM and I will be HAPPY to help you out on this awesome app!

Keep it up.

9. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

hmm, I wonder if he plans on releasing this AFTER the SDK is released, and maybe making a bit of money.

Ohhh wait, on second thought, I HIGHLY doubt Apple will approve, hehe!
  10. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Ye lol I highly doubt Apple would stick this on iTunes

I feel that for the Media Player to really suceed and make people use it instead of the Original Ipod Player it needs some unique features to seperate the two. So ya...I thought I would knock some up for you. ^_^

- Albums/Songs By Date of year
    - Date Shuffler. Just randomly selects a year and then you pick a song that is in that era or it shuffles the song as well.

- Easy skin customization.

- Coverflow for Artists, As in If you have 3 MCR albums it picks one and uses it for the MCR Cover in cover flow.

- Music on iPod to Dimension Player. Would be a b*tch if you had to transfer all your songs in your itunes library to lets say FTP: Applications/Dimension Player/Music. A simple press of a button on a iPod would be so much easier lol.

So ya thats just my 2cents. Feel free to use any of them and also sorry if some of these are actually impossible or very hard to code; Take into consideration I havnt done any coding of any sort so ya...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.