new macbooks

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by will1018, Nov 15, 2007.

1. will1018

will1018 New Member

I was on gizmodo on tue and I saw a post about a new line of MacBooks coming out in dec or so and that they were dumping the white and black and making them the aluminum color and that they were gunna be twice as fast as the current ones and they were going to be slimmer and possibly have a selction of screen size choices I'll try and find the link for u guys and then I'll get back to u but I think that would be sweet cuz they are Spose to keep the same price I belive but I'm sure if they have ones with diff screen sizes they will be a higher price

Posted from my iPod touch
  2. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

To be honest, I don't believe much of that.

If they do go with aluminium it'll be coated black and white like the new iPod Classic. As for screen sizes I don't expect much of a choice. Maybe 13" and a smaller size - they can't go any bigger otherwise they'll steal sales from their MacBook Pro line.

Concerning "doubling" the speed of the processors. This just is a no-go. There are NO 4GHz mobile processors yet - and if there were they'd be in the MacBook Pro, certainly not their bottom line notebook.

Don't believe all that you read.
  3. kinematic@yahoo.com

kinematic@yahoo.com New Member

I highly doubt it. Apple just updated their models a couple weeks back just in time for the holiday rush. The new MacBooks have SantaRosa chip sets and have a minor speed bump and can now handle 4 GB of memory as opposed to 2. Since they did this only just recently I would say the chances of a new model very very unlikely.
  4. netwho

netwho New Member

I'm still waiting for a model, who fits my demand....

I actually planned to buy a new mac in spring this year.
    I still have a Mini G4 1.2Ghz and a 12" PowerBook G4.

There are two choises:

- A Intel based 12" PowerBook
    - A Intel based iMac which has a "reasonable" graphic card

The iMac would replace my PC (Yes I do have a PC for gaming e.g.)
    I just love the form factore of my PowerBook.

The MacPro is just way to expensive in the configuration I would like to have.

-netwho
  5. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

wat about the price? i rly want a macbook but the price just turns me down....