New Macbook Pro Questions

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Jack Bauer, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got a Macbook Pro with the i7 processor in it and i have some questions.
    I have heard that if you leave your macbook continuosly charging it will kill the battery life? Is that true.
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    At this time the 15" is the only i7 Macbook. And no, you will not "overcharge" it.
  3. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok. So it wont even lose backlight strength? I am sorry i am such a noob at this mac. I have owned a pc (which is actually slower than some phones nowadays and has just a much memory as an ipod touch) my whole life and is all new to me.
  4. zombie boy99

zombie boy99 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sorry but that's just sooooo funny what you said since I have a PC and that's exactly how they are slower than my dad's iPhone 3G lol
  5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I know i have have had my Dell for 4 years and when it came for me to order a computer for college we did Apples pricing on what my computer is worth. They rated it as nothing. The processor is 1.3 and gigs is 50. This one is 2.65 and 500 gigs.
  6. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Congrats on your new mbp.

I have the i5 15 inch

You can leave it charging as long as you please...once it reaches full charge, it stops accepting a charge...if you don't believe me, do an experiment:

Leave it plugged in for about an hour.

Go over to the power supply, and touch it. It should be pretty hot

Now wait until it is fully charged, and keep it plugged in.

Wait about an hour and go feel the power supply. It should be much cooler to the touch because it is no longer accepting a charge

Please Register or Log in to view images

And and as for your worries on burning out your backlight? Don't even worry about it...it would take some serious (and I mean realllllly serious) amount of time before it could even start to stop working or dimming
  7. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And even if it did, Apple is pretty good to people when their stuff breaks. They would fix it for you.
  8. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Congrats on the new laptop

Please Register or Log in to view images

Leaving your Macbook charged will not kill your battery. Though I have experienced battery loss by charging it when the battery wasn't completely drained (Using the laptop and killing the battery half way, and charging it again). If you do that constantly (Not drain the battery all the way before charging it), it may damage the battery life. But keeping it charged when it's fully charged will not kill the battery because it stops charging the battery after it's full and just gives power to the laptop.