new logo/sig

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, Jan 14, 2009.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

I was just messing around, and came up with a cool idea for a logo/sig. heres what I came up with:

Please Register or Log in to view images

I know its a little rough around the edges, and have never made one of these before (I usually just do photo manipulation or creation of digital art, but not this kind) and would love any feedback, good or otherwise. I want to learn how to improve my work, always.

this was made in photoshop. I know, I should have used illustrator, but I don't have illustrator yet...
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    very nice. i like it. how did u get teh 9 to look like it was 'looped' onto the y. only suggestion is to make the 3 kinda dangling off teh lower hinge so i isn;t connected at teh top but is at the bottom
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

I moved the 9 and the 3 over to the y and then cut out a section of the 9. then I made another layer above it the same width as that cut but a little bit more height. that layer had 0% fill I applied a drop shadow to this layer and then used a mask to make sure it didnt show the shadow anywhere but the 9
  4. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice, I like it. Very simple and modern. Not sure about the city thing at the bottom though. The way it comes off the y.
  5. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

i love this style, but i agree with dwonder3

also, before i looked up at your username i thought is was 98.

and the 'r' looks like an 'n'

yo me it reads 'benky98'

but with a few more edits it would be grreat!

Please Register or Log in to view images

what font did you use?
  6. berky93

berky93 New Member

for the "berky" I used the font evolution, and for the 98 (since evolution has no numbers) I used a font called often.

as for the city, it was just a last-minute thing I decided to add. I was trying to make it go over the text, in between the b and the k, but it didnt look good. where it is now there was an underline, but the underline wasnt attached to the y. I changed it to fit things better, but I'm not so happy with it.
  7. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

where did you get the fonts... they are not on dafont.com, did you pay for them or are they from another site?
  8. berky93

berky93 New Member

actually I found a list of abduzeedo's favorite free fonts, there are some really awesome ones there (I don't care what people will tell you: free fonts can be just as suitable for a project as paid ones)
  9. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

i googled and found them, thank you SOO much, some of them are really good...

and who needs to pay for fonts? pfft
  10. berky93

berky93 New Member

yeah I love those fonts. I wish that they were all free though, I think two or three you need to buy (although strangely enough he has the same font twice - for free and not for free, but the not for free one has different styles of the font with it)