New Level Creator and Editor For iPhysics in the Works

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by BCS321, Dec 17, 2007.

1. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

Hey guys, I started working on my own level editor for iPhysics because I was bored and had nothing to do. So does anyone have any suggestions on what I should add to it for features and stuff like that. I'm open to most anything.
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    instead of having a ball have the worlds most loved mans or womans head?? Lol its an idea
  3. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

Well, I meant ideas for functionality, but I guess changing the picture for the ball counts.
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i wouldn't bother starting lol SeBsZ LE is great.
  5. hedzup

hedzup New Member

alright well i must admit I haven't used a level editor yet... or even made any levels for that matter.
    but as for functionality...

i would make levels if it were a simple process. I'm not sure what's involved currently, however i would imagine its make a file in photoshop, open it up with the editor, outline the rigid objects, place any stationary hinges you'd like, adjust the gravity to your liking, adjust which options you'd like for the level (dragging objects and such), and then save the level.

it may be like that currently, i honestly haven't looked but if you could make it that simple i'd definitely give it a go!

simplicity is the key, really.
  6. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

Thats pretty much how it is currently...

I agree with Stephen, SeBsZ has made a great job of his editor... thought one feature I would enjoy is more work with the mouse to select and drag objects.
  7. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

That's what I'm looking for. I have used the level editor and quite frankly I'm basing mine off of that. So any ideas are welcomed. I can add that in.
  8. Rawd

Rawd New Member

You should contact r4m0n directly. There are a ton of new features coming soon that you should be aware of before starting your project. I would like to see, drag and drop rectangles and squares, functionality for motors, and motor controls, multi targets/user balls, easy drag and drop rotation and prismatic joints. Saveable 'models' would be nice, so we could make a car, and put it in any level, anywhere. He is also changing the graphics engine soon, so if you haven't spoken to him, you should. I like SeBsZ editor right now, but the problem I am having, is it doesn't support the new stuff, and when I save with his editor, it re-writes my plist. So, I am constantly going back and forth between editor, and manual code.
  9. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    That sounds like a good idea. It will make it easy for other poeple to make levels for iphysics.
  10. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I haven't really had the chance to have much of a play with Sebsz' level editor yet but i'd like the option to be able to easily change the default 'ball' object and the square goal object. I know it can be achieved already but i'm assuming that's achieved by some extra fiddling of the .plist file or something?