New Keyboard Issue-- a Quandry!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sinatra, Oct 27, 2007.

1. sinatra

sinatra New Member

Having Jailbroken my ipod Touch several weeks (week 39 Touch) back it was working like a dream in addition to Springboard being installed.

However, I have found today that the keyboard will not recognise the bottom left keys such as the 123 virtual key and space key in various applications including Mail.app, Notes.app, Calendar.app, Contacts.app and Safari. But, in Maps.app the keyboard works perfectly.

When the screen is rotated to horizontal, it works without a problem but obviously not in those apps that will only work in the vertical position e.g. Mail.app. Hence, I can no longer write emails (unless I use the still not perfect gmail mobile edition), cant write new notes etc.... most annoying.

This glitch would seem to be more of a software issue than a hardware issue as the keyboard still works in some applications.....

I have restored the Touch and it has not resolved the issue.

I am wondering if it resulted from the installation of a 3rd part application as the glitch occurred the day following the removal of a 15 tile puzzle game which seemed to cause the Touch to hang when it was installed.

Could its installation or subsequent removal have removed some core programming that is not restored by a firmware reinstallation?

Would a re-virginize install be possible and would it resolve the issue or will some other way sort the problem out?????????

Your help would be greatly appreciated....
  2. kevio

kevio New Member

Double tapping the spacebar doesn't give me a period since jailbreaking.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. qazim

qazim New Member

if you have restored your iPod Touch using iTunes, there nothing else you can really do, give apple a call for a replacement or go to the store you purchased it from (correct me if i am wrong)