new jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thedj, Jun 13, 2010.

1. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    When the unlock for 3.1.3 is released, I will be looking to update my jailbreak from a tethered to an untethered, but the problem is that spirit requires it to be restored and activated but the network that my phone is locked to, is a sim card that i dont have so I cant activate it, when I first done it, blackrain hacktivated it for me, so will there be a new jailbreak that can hacktivate 3.1.3?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The new unlock should work on the baseband from the 4.0 firmware (the exploit has been there in the betas). So once the jailbreak and unlock have been released for 4.0, it will be plain sailing.

You should be able to either update and keep your current unlock (using pwnage tool). Or update, get the new baseband, and unlock that. I'd wait it out for a week and see what happens when 4.0 is released.
  3. thedj

thedj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    but I dont want to go to 4.0, I just want to make my jailbreak untethered by going to 3.1.3 and and jailbreaking (with hacktivation) then unlocking, but theres no jailbreak that hacktivates it.
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ...dont really see why you wouldn't want to go to 4.0 but I'll roll with it. There is no untethered jailbreak released for the later 3GS models that supports hacktivation to my knowledge so you're out of luck.

(Also i just realised I spazzed out my answer in the last post, I thought you were asking about an unlock)

Redsn0w will undoubtedly be updated for 4.0 when it is released and you can hacktivate using that if you do decide to go to 4.0 in the end