New iTunes version

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by J Paul, Sep 7, 2008.

1. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Usually, with these Apple events, a new version of iTunes is released to correspond with the new firmwares released at the same time. What improvements or bugfixes do you want to see in the new version of iTunes?

I personally want them to improve the photo syncing in iTunes and on the iPod Touch. I have 800MB of photos that somehow turns into 5GB of data that gets transferred to the iPod and is cached on my hard drive. I'd be able to fit all of my music on my iPod as well as my photos if it'd just sync them at their normal size, or at least not over 500% of it. Plus, I would rather have it to where they aren't sh*ttier quality than my normal copies. The iPod Touch can handle full-resolution .png and .jpg and .gif (as evidenced by the fact that Safari can render them perfectly), why not just transfer them in that format?

Other than that, just general speed and responsiveness improvements would be great.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    search. itunes 8.0 will come out, however im not sure that its gonna come out on tuesday but it will be soon
  3. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you have tried saving a high res photo from the internet in safari then when you try and open it it crashes and you have to force turn it off.
  4. erinerupt07

erinerupt07 Banned

Maybe he didn't want to search, so take it easy.
    On Topic: I want to be able to customize iTunes with some different colors, the gray isn't bad but I'd like to see other colors.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've saved photos up to 2560*1600 and it hasn't crashed before.

Of course, talking about the iPod Touch crashing gets us nowhere because it's the buggiest piece of sh*t on the planet, and what doesn't crash for me will probably crash for five out of ten other people, and what doesn't crash for them, everyone else suffers that problem instead.

I did search, and I didn't find another thread on this. Besides, this is more like a general discussion thread.
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah youre right. sorry

well anyways its supposed to have HD support. meaning HD tv shows. also bluray support.

and of course support for new ipods.

and hopefully will fix long syncs. especially if there is a 64gb touch
  7. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The long sync time, I'm fine with. It really isn't that bad if you disable the backup, then it's pretty much a normal sync time. I mean, yeah, it could always be improved, but I hope they don't make something like that their top priority and completely forget the things that really need fixing, like entirely broken iPod Photo support.
  8. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah youre right. id rather have other things more prioritized. the other thing is i dont really need itunes to be faster. it runs just fine even with other programs running on my xp machine and this is about 5 years old with 512 ram.

and they DEFINATELY need to improve their video player. for mp4 videos i use quicktime to playback but the itunes video player (although it basically IS quicktime) for whatever reason is just awful IMO
  9. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think they should just ditch their video player altogether. I don't even use it. CCCP + MPC is the most win video player + codec combo ever. Play any format under the sun, correct subtitling, etc. Plus you don't have to deal with the i******ry.
  10. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yep. i agree.

i mean even windows media player is better then itunes video player and i hate wmp haha