New iTunes/iPod file upgrade

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by MikeB, Nov 14, 2007.

1. MikeB

MikeB New Member

G'day all,

Well, last night I said "YES" when iTunes offered to install latest file, etc, for the iPod. I didn't notice a thing until this morning - my iPod touch has been de-jailbroken. Lost everything!!! I wonder if I'll be able to do a regular jailbreak or if Apple has included files in the install to counter the jailbreak...?

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. asado111

asado111 New Member

theres a sticky on this whole topic use SEARCH!
  3. amcan

amcan New Member

And next time read this and other forums before you do something stupid as you just did. You are lucky to till have a working Touch, not a brick...
  4. MikeB

MikeB New Member

gee, thanks

First off, I'd say thanks for the responses - but that'd be dishonest.

Second, my post was in part because I was surprised that the software update had defacto wiped-out the jailbreak and I wanted to share this info with others so that others that didnt want this to happen to them could say NO and not have any concerns. So, I was actually just trying to be helpful. Naturally, had I known that this was old-news, I would have saved the time to post.

Third, I merely asked for people's comments to see what people thought of the situation - I don't recall asking for anybody's help.

Fourth, as you can tell by the fact that I didn't even use the correct nomenclature ("software update, version 1.1.2" etc.) that I know very little about software/hacking to begin with. But I do know this - EVERYONE has said from the get-go that there is next to no fear of "bricking" the ipod touch. So what the heck are you ranting about?

Fifth - when you leave puberty behind you'll come to realize that it takes about the same amount of energy and time to say, "Yep, it's old news now, check the stickies regarding vers 1.1.2" as it does to say stuff like USE SEARCH and etc.

Sixth - it always worries me when I see people use energy to spew BS and negativity. I mean, truly, if my POST (as naive and newbie-like as it was) offended your sensibilities, all you had to do was ignore it. Are you really so puny and insignificant as to need to trash every person that posts something redundant or even silly?

Positivity my young friends. If you can't be positive about something - it probably ain't worth opening your mouth at all.

As for me, I PROMISE that the next time something happens to me and I think that maybe even ONE person can be helped/informed by my posting something, I'll still do it. If it happens that in so doing, I missed the obvious, so be it.

Smile young dudes. I know I am.

Cheers.
    Mike
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you moved your application folder to save space as explained in other tutorial then your application are still on your ipod but you can't access to it.
    I think you should go in itune and shift+click on update and choose the 1.1.1 firmware file (if you have it). Don't choose the restore option or it will wipeout your ipod.
    when you are back to 1.1.1 you can JB it again and then follow the tutorial for 1.1.2 JB.
  6. opsguy

opsguy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes way too many people are gruff with newbies. Remember we were all newbies once. Also all the comments about "search, search, search" are not neccessary. We all should know that the search feature on the forum is very weak.

You actually need to spend alot of time manually going through posts to find what you need sometimes. And it certainly does not hurt to have info in more than one place so members can see it.

My 2 cents.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. MikeB

MikeB New Member

I'm there

Thanks for your replies. I took the time yesterday to undo the 1.1.2 and restored. Then I tried the "new" (new for me at least) jailbreak. Was way easier than the first one I had done manually loading all the files, etc. So far so good. Have got back most of the apps I had before. Now all I've got to do is get mail & maps. Since I had never gotten mail to work before anyways, maybe I'll have better luck now.

Yep, I really like this forum except that there are so many posts here, there and everywhere that I find it hard to find the info I need. God knows I do search.

Cheers,
    Mike