New iTouch w/ 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Psmth, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I bought an ipod touch recently of a friend but it came with 1.1.3, I'm planning on jail breaking it, but purchasing the january (if there arent any alternatives) is there any way to downgrade but keep those apps?

edit - after looking, how do i downgrade.
  2. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

3. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    restore it to 1.1.1 firmware.

1. First download 1.1.1 firmware (make sure you choose the files with ipod and not iphone or it want work and also you may need to go ahead and download 1.1.2 firmware as well if you plan on jailbreaking 1.1.2 as well) http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

2.In itunes (after u click on your ipod) you will see update and restore
    3. next hold down shift and click restore then when the box comes up locate where you put the 1.1.1 firmware u just downloaded and click it and it will begin restoring
    4. Congratulations u have 1.1.1 firmware

also if u dont know how to jailbreak go to this site

http://www.iphonenano.net/downgrade-and-jailbreak-your-itouch-ipod-and-update-to-112-firmware/iphone-card

start at step two since i have already told u
  4. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

just downgrade to 1.1.1 and if you want to go to 1.1.2 but 1.1.3 is pretty useless at the moment.

So google a download link for 1.1.1 and use itunes and hold sh*t and click restore and choose the 1.1.1 file. When thats done use your iPod and go into safari and go to jailbreakme.com and scroll to the bottom, there should be something saying install appsnap, click that. it will install and then you can get started with apps.
  5. Psmth

Psmth New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok thanks alot everyone, really, and i mean REALLY appreciate it.