New iTouch user (Q's about warranty, and possible complications)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Indianna, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Indianna

Indianna New Member

Hi, ..well, I don't actually own an iTouch yet but I will soon. The store didn't have any of the 32GB iTouch in stock so I have placed an order for one, it's just a matter of a waiting a few days until I am a privileged iTouch owner.

Okay, so I came here to ask, should I settle for the standard 1 year manufacturers warranty or should I pay $80 for an additional 2 year warranty? Is it worth paying for the additional warranty? Because if the worst happens, I'd be covered right?

After hearing a few negative stories from iTouch users, I guess I am just fearful that I may encounter all sorts of problems and complications with the iTouch. I'd like know what are the common problems that I might encounter with the iTouch? Also, I keep hearing stories about the battery going dead, meaning I will have to get it replacement right? How long can I expect my battery to last until I need a replacement? Once the battery needs a replacement, how would I go on about this? All I would need to contact Apple right No questions asked. If the battery died while still in warranty, would I still be covered? And if not covered by warranty or warranty expired, would the battery replacement procedure be costly?

Sorry, hope I didn't make myself look like a fool, I want to be precautious.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hmm, I think it would be great idea, if someone here could compile some form of documentation explaining all the common problems and complications with solutions of coarse.

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You are very precatuatous, and that shows that you strive to be an educated consumer.

I think the standard warranty is just fine. As for the battery going dead, that is a rare problem and it will be covered by the warranty, considering it must be a defect. There are small problems that you may encounter wile jailbreaking (if you do) but none of these are serious and at worst you will have to restore in iTunes.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.
  3. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hood to hear youre gonna buy an iPoT!!

You've come to the right place. If you need ANY help, just post here. SOMEONE will help you.

4. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Id probably get Apple Care protection as marked by the user in the "top 5 ways to replace ur iPod" thread because it works and it's cheaper.

Battery life is pretty crappy in one sitting but if you're not using Wi-Fi then it's much better. As for overall battery life, mine is still going strong since I bought mine in Week 39 in October, one of the earliest release dates for the Touch.

Should you somehow strike the rare chance of not getting extended warranty and your original warranty runs out and it battery dies, I've heard replacement could be like $40, but it'll be a while b4 u run out ( I pray I don't jinx myself so that my iPod won't die after this post)