New IPOD user with 1.1.4 issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by gixer27, Mar 2, 2008.

1. gixer27

gixer27 New Member

Hi I'm after some help please. This is my first Ipod (always used other MP3 players) so please accept my apologies if i'm missing some thing or asking a stupid question.

My details:-
    I tunes 7.6.1.9
    Windows XP Pro
    8GB Itouch
    Came with firmware 1.1.3 which I upgraded to 1.1.4 on first time set up with I tunes.

Firstly I tried Ziphone with version 2.5 which apparently works with 1.1.4 but the app hangs . I have tried the unlock from the GUI and also ran ziphone -Y Z which completes ok but on the reboot of the touch it just shows the data cable icon (itunes connection)

After doing a standard restore in Itunes (to 1.1.4) i have used Autodown and tried to role it back to 1.1.1 (also tried 1.1.2 and 1.1.3) by using the "Shift+Restore" and browsing to the older firmware files that I downloaded. The retore starts to extract the files but then displays the error in a pop up dialogue box :-
    The Ipod ~Ipod~ could not be restored. An unknown error occuirred (1)

Any ideas? its totally standard and i wanna unlock it and use it to its full potential.

Do i just wait for some confirmed JB's?

Thanks for any help/advice

David
  2. ljensen

ljensen New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    is it worth updatin to 1.1.4 wat are the benifits
  3. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ^^^^^
    please search...that doesnt help nor did u have to post that.

I have had this problem. Solution 1: Force retore by holding the home and sleep button untill it turns off and then when the apple sign comes back let go of the sleep button continuing to hold the home button. This will make the connect to itunes sign come up, restore that way.

Solution 2: (as recommended by apple.com) uninstall all itunes and mobile services from add or remove programs, restart comp and re install itunes.

I think solution 1 works better...good luck with that.
  4. Ryouko

Ryouko New Member

Same problem here, bought a new Ipod touch and upgraded it to 1.1.4

Using the Ziphone (2.5) software results in the root error. Restoring to 1.1.4 works via the holding the sleep button together with the home button.

But how to jailbreak this ipod touch than?

Thanks in advance
  5. squiggle1978

squiggle1978 New Member

I'm new too, so I did as search and read around these forums...

But to answer your question: depends on your model. 8GB seem to jailbreak okay with Ziphone.
    16 and 32GB cant be unlocked at present with Ziphone. The author is working on a fix at the moment.
  6. oneman

oneman New Member

ive got an 8gb and its not working either. i can downgrade to 1.1.1, but the jailbreakme.com method doesnt work.. ziphone doesnt work either ofcourse, i tried that first thing
  7. Ryouko

Ryouko New Member

It is the 8gb version, so you would expect it to work
  8. Spiritus55

Spiritus55 New Member

If you damn people would search the forums: Ziphone is for the iPhone, so if it works on your iPod (8 Gig) then it works, if it doesn't: it doesn't!

It's a hit and miss situation, and if you would search you would know that Ziphone only works about half the time..