New Ipod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by canuckfan, Jun 21, 2008.

1. canuckfan

canuckfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey guys,
    Im just wondering when the new ipod touch is coming out. I've been reading articles on the touch especially about the "shortages" of the 16gb. I know apple is trying to get rid of all the 8gb ones with the school special thing.

my question: when do you guys think the 2nd gen ipod touch is going to be released? as in 2nd gen i mean new physical features. I know 2.0 is coming in July 11 but thats only firmware and can be updated.
    im only 13 so i dont want to spend like $400 on a 16gb and then a new gen comes out in like september or something.

my wishlist:
    gps, camera (hoping), flash (good chance I think), tiny internal speaker for games (hoping, it would be annoying playing a game with headphones) and price drop
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

there will be a model around september

ok. ur wishlist:

GPS: never, its not a phone its a iPod
    Camera, if it had a camera, it would become more a phone, but a slight possible chance
    Flash: adobe have developed it, but still need confirmation from apple
    Tiny internal speaker: what you mean? so you can play your music out loud?, if its that ur referring to, maybe
    price drop: depends.
  3. Touch²

Touch² New Member

Keep in mind nothing may change. Perhaps just a battery upgrade and "brighter screen", just like the iPod 5G to 5.5G. Aside from changing from EDGE to 3G, physically all that was added to the new iPhone was a new backplate and a slightly thicker profile. Oh and chrome buttons...
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    GPS: This is why we have the iPhone.

Camera: This is why we have the iPhone.

Flash: Adobe has developed a version of flash for the iPhone and iPod touch, awaiting Apple's confirmation. Speculations have also been made about Microsoft's new flash competitor, which also may be considered.

Internal/External Speaker: Sorry, this is also another feature of the iPhone.

Price Cut: More than likely.

You have to remember that it is an iPod touch, and it was introduced as an MP3 player similar to the iPhone. But at the same time, you have to consider that if all these features were brought to the iPod touch, it would be an iPhone without the phone feature, making them too similar.
  5. deepfatfried85

deepfatfried85 New Member

6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Quickly browsing that website [which I must point out is against the forum rules as you posted an unapproved off-site link], it seems like the developers are hard at work on that website at developing a working GPS for the iPod touch. If that's the case, nice find. Although, when I mentioned that the GPS wouldn't come to the iPod touch because we have the iPhone, I mean't by Apple introducing it themselves. A third party application will surely be released, I'm assuming.
  7. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

go cry to your mods...

-on topic-
    I doubt Apple will add anything else to the 2'nd gen ipod touch, except maybe the speakers, and flash...
  8. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I would hate to see a new ipod touch. Because then everybody in school will be like," hey you still have the old ipod touch." HAHAHAHAHA
  9. rshadows

rshadows New Member

LOL,

*Present time* "Look that guy has the ipod touch! Omg he is so hot!!"

*Few months later* "Look! That guy has the OLD iPod touch! What a ******!! Hahahaaa!!1!11"
  10. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Thats so true too ;o;

But I hide my iPot from others so they don't attack me, and ask to touch it.
    Evil people touching it ;o;