new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by ipodtouch024, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ipodtouch024

ipodtouch024 New Member

i'm buying an ipod touch this weekend. It will come with 1.1.3 and the iphone apps. If I downgrade to 1.1.1 will I lose the iphone apps it came with?
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

yes but it only take a couple minutes to jailbreak it and reinstall them for free
  3. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes I am 90% sure you would lose the applications.
    In my opinion, stick with 1.1.3, don't mess it up, wait for a jailbreak, or at least a way for current jailbreakers to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and be jailbroken before you try anything to be on the safe side, that way you keep your iPhone apps, and you still have a sweet iPod touch to enjoy before you get to experience the miracle that is jailbreaking.

Bitter.
  4. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe itune will check the serial number and it will detect it as a new iPod and restore all the iPhone apps also. This is just an idea. I guess we will have the answer soon when the new iPods will be available.
  5. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry for double post. Problem with the server.
  6. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes I am 90% sure you would lose the applications.
    In my opinion, stick with 1.1.3, don't mess it up, wait for a jailbreak, or at least a way for current jailbreakers to upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and be jailbroken before you try anything to be on the safe side, that way you keep your iPhone apps, and you still have a sweet iPod touch to enjoy before you get to experience the miracle that is jailbreaking.

Bitter.