New iPod Touch user - Where do I start & how

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by faizzsheikh, Sep 20, 2010.

1. faizzsheikh

faizzsheikh New Member

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this forum. I found some really helpful topics here

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am a new iPod Touch user as well 3rd Generation Version 3.1.3.

My concerns are:

1: I want to install application & games to my iPod Touch.

2: Do I need to JailBreak it? How do I do it?

3: What Free applications can I use without JailBreaking my iPod Touch and where do I find these Free applications?
  2. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

The signing period is up for 4.0 so, I think you'd have to wait till the next jailbreak to get native multitasking. But you could use spirit if I'm not mistaken to jailbreak where you are now.

If you go to the appstore on your device after making an itunes account, you can find free apps in the featured and category view. Just hit top free. Also you can search for free apps. App store has free apps.

Jailbreaking will let you do so much more. Consider it. I'll post more later. I need to watch a show and get to bed soon.
  3. ltrtiger

ltrtiger New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Not trying to be smart, but the best way to start is to begin reading the pinned posts up top. Simply filled with information that a newbie will find invaluable. Anything you don't get answered there has likely already been asked so the search function would be my next stop. As I've learned, there ain't much out there that someone, somewhere hasn't encountered before. Good luck.
  4. Spark1223

Spark1223 Banned

^ Good point. Also, do some research on the net. Still have questions? Ask here.