New iPod Touch User and Needs Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ms.shay92, Mar 8, 2009.

1. ms.shay92

ms.shay92 New Member

ok so i got this iPod touch for my birthday in Sept. 08. and when i got it i jailbroke it. then i had to restore it and jailbroke it again. and i think i jailbroke it by going to ziphone.com. but the second time i jailbroke it, it got stuck and it was doing all of these crazy things. so it finally came back to normal and so i restored it again (which unjailbroke it). then i lost it. so my moms friend found it and he updated it for me and now its running firmware 2.2.1. and now i have the app store and it runs fine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i want to know if i jailbreak it again what will happen? and is there any kind of text (sms) app that i can send AND RECEIVE messages on? and basically all the little tricks and things i can do with my iPod touch!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Hello and welcome to the forums. Be sure to read the rules and use the search function. Enjoy your stay.

As for your questions:

1. If you jailbreak it again, you will not use Ziphone, but will use an app called PwnageTool or Quickpwn. Both of these applications are very stable and will work on any 1g iPod touch.
    2. I am not really sure of any app that will do that, but there are plenty of web based sites that will let you SEND texts, but not RECEIVE them.
    3. Tips and Tricks. Like every guide out there.

Also check my signature for Apps, how to jailbreak, reviews, etc.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Yes you can, and do you have a 1st gen. or 2nd. gen and what I would do is just use QuickPWN. I have restored mine once before and had absolutely no problems Jailbreaking it again with QuickPWN, but I have the 1st Gen. iPod touch 8gb. So you should have no problems, and every member on this site has their own opinions so listen to everyone and choose what you want to do or just Youtube the Jailbreak for 1st gen. iPod Touch and you should be fine.
  4. ms.shay92

ms.shay92 New Member

i have the first genration 8GB!! *the same as yours*
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    your best bet would be to use quickpwn.
  6. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

quickpwn is the way to go. just remember to follow ALL the steps when its being jailbroken.