New IPOD Touch, Old Itune data?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Technostorm, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Technostorm

Technostorm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Sorry if this question has been answered or brought up many times as I can't seemed to find any relevent info on the "search" engine here.

Story: about a month ago, I bought a brand new 16g IPOD touch, but lately its been sluggish and the sounds degraded on and off. Upon checking and listening to Itune, all songs were fine do I suspected the IPOD Touch itself was faulty. Being that its a 2nd gen Touch, I've downloaded and purchased numerous songs and apps from ItuneStores. I was fortunate enough to get a refund from the retailers who sold me the unit. What made it even better was that he offered me to upgrade to a 32gig 2nd gen for a bit more price. I will be taking the offer but....

Questions: So, since ITUNE recognizes only the serial numbers on my broken 16g Touch, once I get the new 32g unit with a different serial number. I suspect it wouldn't sync up during the setup phases. Will I loose all my previously purchased songs and apps/games? How do I go about backing those up and re-appointing the new 32g Touch to sync up with my older Itunes and apps? Thanks for your help.

Dan
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure if this is what your asking, but to backup your files plug your 16gb in and in iTunes on the left panel right click on your iPod icon and click Backup. And if some apps don't backup, if you use the same account you can buy it again on your new Touch for free.
  3. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am pretty sure this is what ur looking for.

As long as all the songs and apps are in iTunes, then when you plug in ur32gb they will be sync to ur new touch. My sister and I both sync our iPods to the same iTunes, and we don't have any problems.