New iPod Touch? is it really needed? (need advice!)

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Kargo, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Im thinking of getting an iPod Touch within the next few weeks as im going away in early July and the hotel im staying at has free wifi so I reckon the touch could come in handy. I havent had the best luck when buying iPods, every time I buy a new one within a few weeks a newer upgraded model is released. this has happened to me twice now and im trying to avoid it happening again.

Ive heard of the rumours that we might be getting a new ipod touch model released in a few months.. of course, if this is true then it leaves me with the decision whether I should buy an iPod Touch now, or hang on in there and just wait a while. But then again, it makes me wonder.. what could actually be added to a new ipod touch model that would be worth waiting for? I mean apart from new software and firmware upgrades which I guess could be added to any kind of iPod touch or iPhone, is their any piece of hardware or itouch addition that is worth me waiting for?

it also makes me think If I buy an ipod touch now and new ones are released soon, will new software updates and new applications for the appstore be available only on the newer models?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the ipod touch is really nice and the new model may not be able to be jailbroken. (we dunno yet) Just buy an ipod touch at the last minute (before you leave) and jailbreak +sync it to you computer . If you get lucky, when the new model comes out you may be able to trade your ipod touch in for a new one.
  3. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i don't believe a new model is gonna come out, so i say go ahead and buy one.
  4. Kargo

Kargo Member

Device:
    iPad
    I hope so. If a new itouch did release, does that mean that the older generations would be incompatible with the latest software releases on the appstore.
  5. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Thats not true. The new iphone is compatible with the new appstore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. sirtooshort10

sirtooshort10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Don't you mean the original iPhone is compatible with the new appstore.
  7. dbyjazz

dbyjazz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple will probably come out with a new one, but not for a while I bet. They always make things better for the iPhone. Well, so far.
  8. GeneralDuctape

GeneralDuctape New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah I agree with you on this one. To me, it would be kind of pointless to release a new iPod Touch around the time they're releasing a new iPhone. IMO, there's nothing wrong or needed to be added to the iPot (except maybe some speakers that will play ALL sounds)... So as someone else had said, just get it at the last minute, so then if they do release a new one, you can probably just trade it in
  9. Halacio

Halacio New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no there isnt going to be one any time soon they just released a new iphone that would lower iphone sales.
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    They might just drop it all together. How are they going to lower the cost of the ipod touch so its on par with the iphone? The iphone is only $199. Thats like half the price of the ipod touch and the iphone has more features. Who is going to pay twice as much for some thing that has less features then something half the price?