New iPod Touch fan

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Kraftwerk, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

Hey everyone! I hope you all are having fun with your iPods and iPhones. I've hunted for help online and of course also in person to get my iPod Touch (I'll just abbreviate it as iPt) to work after Jailbreaking it. My very first one I bought at WalMart since they had it for several dollars less and $17 for a 2 year insurance; but as soon as I got it home, I noticed a micro pixel missing. It may have not been enough to cause any of you to return it, but it bothered me.

Well, I did have 15 days to decide whether I would like an iPt or not, so I thought I'd keep it and figure out how to use it. By the end of the first week, I found out about Jailbreaking which I thought would be cool to have done to my iPt. Well, I tried to downgrade it to 1.1.1 and go to jailbreakme.com just to get the 1.1.1 Installer, but it would never install. Then I heard about Ziphone and their Jailbreaker for 1.1.4, and it worked. I even turned my iPt into a cellphone by getting the app from Touchmods.com. Everything worked great.

Then finally it was time to return it. I then bought one from BestBuy and Jailbroke it, but it freezes up all the time whenever I try to type in an app website, such as http://touchmods.net/rep.xml or anything else, and when I try to type anything in Notes, Contacts, and when I try to type any website to view, such as my AOL mail.

On the other iPt, it never said in iTunes that the iPt was corrupt, but it does say it all the time on this new one. I believe as long as it says that it's corrupt, Ziphone will not work. It only says it's corrupt when I start installing Ziphone. So does anyone know what I've done wrong or why it isn't working on this iPt, any why it worked on the other one? It's funny how it worked great on the one with a missing pixel, but it won't work on the one that had no problems... until I installed Ziphone.

I know it can be done, I just have no idea how to make this one work. I wish some iPt Jailbreaker lived in my area, I'd pay him or her to get this thing working like my first one. Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jimbodude

jimbodude Member

Well to fix the keyboard freezing, rejailbreak with ZiPhone, but when its finsihed dont launch installer.
    Launch the contacts app, add a new contact, then type random letters for about 30 seconds. Then press the home screen, and thats it. Fixed
  3. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

Do you mean "launch" as in "install" the Contact app from the Installer, or are you referring to Contacts that came with the iPt where we add phone numbers, email addresses, etc? Sorry for sounding dumb, but I just wanna be absolutely sure so I can get this one working as good as the other one did.

You don't think that the little window that keeps on popping up in iTunes during the middle of every Ziphone installation means anything? I hope it doesn't. Some say ignore certain error or corrupt windows, but I don't know what to think.
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Yes, he means to just open up your Contacts app.
  5. jimbodude

jimbodude Member

Yes i mean the original one that come with the Touch, and also, make sure iTunes is closed whilst you jailbreak with ZiPhone
  6. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

Okay, I'm gonna be a up awhile, so I'm gonna give it a try. I'll let you all know ASAP. Thank you!
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Oh, by the way, welcome to jailbreaking!
  8. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

Thank you, I am glad to be here!

Well, it worked. You guys need to own and/or run BestBuy, CurcuitCity and all these other electronic stores,`cos they didn't have a clue how to fix this problem. Two of them (one at BestBuy, the other at AT&T) when I had my other iPt, said there is no way anyone can turn an iPt into a phone. I told them, "Tell me your cell number, and just watch and listen." Well, the one at BestBuy is now getting an iPt. I guess the guy at AT&T is just gonna stick with his iPhone.

My new iPt is a cell now. Thanks again!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

By the way, since I went to IPKall to get one of those free Washington State phone numbers, I am guessing that even though I live a few thousand miles from Washington, when people call me from their landlines, even if they live next door to me, it's gonna cost them, huh? It says you have to dial a 1 or a 0 then the number. Someone said it they won't be charged, but I get the feeling they will be.