New iPod touch fan on board!

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by FrankZ0509, Sep 10, 2009.

1. FrankZ0509

FrankZ0509 New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Hi guys!

I'm Francis from the Philippines. I'm relatively new to the world of iPod touch (and any i-Thing for that matter), but not to the technical world itself. I'm a geek by heart, and an undergrad freelance web developer+designer [backslash] computer technician by profession.

I just got my iPod Touch 2G [8GB] last week, and during the course of my tinkering, I was able to successfully upgrade it to 3.0 firmware (from 2.2.1) and eventually jailbreak it. But seeing that 3.0 was relatively incompatible with the good jailbroken apps (gPSphone and Winterboard, not to mention Cydia itself are all quite buggy on three-point-oh), I am now planning to downgrade back to 2.2.1 until 3.0 becomes fully-supported by Cydia apps.

During my free time, I play DotA with a bunch of friends, or generally hang out at Facebook. I love to chat, whether on IRC or IM, as long as the discussion is fun and enjoyable. I am also part of the DotA Forum Staff at the official site... which implies that I've been foruming for the majority of time I've been online. This means I know my way in and out of foruming, on any software, at any time; so you won't ever remember me as a n00b who knew nothing about forums. =p

Though new to the i-World, I know the general technical jargon, so if ever I need help and ask here, you guys won't have to scratch your neck trying to explain what's what to me.

I'm looking forward to having fun conversations with you guys, and see you around!