New IPod Touch - Aps Stopped Working. Help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by griffinm7, Sep 25, 2008.

1. griffinm7

griffinm7 New Member

Have had the the 2nd Gen 32GB for about a week now. Have downloaded several apps, including games.

Connected the Touch to ITunes this afternoon and ITunes automatically made a copy of everything on my Touch. I get to work this afternoon, try to open a game and nothing! The application attempts to open and then reverts back to the home screen. It does this for all aps I've added.

I've reset the Touch by pressing both buttons, but even when reset I still can't get the aps to work.

Any ideas why my Aps aren't working???

Thanks guys
  2. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

Yeah i have the 32 gb 2G iPod Touch as well and iv had the same problems. There might be some firmware problem with the new ones im not sure, but its bugging me too.
  3. rash219

rash219 New Member

have you tried downloading and reinstalling ur apps........directly from the ipod rather than itunes.....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    yes my above suggestion will do the trick as i had the similar problem...long story short i did what i mentioned above and it worked......ohhh and if you are talking abt c******* apps that u might have had with the 1G then it wont work....
  4. griffinm7

griffinm7 New Member

All of my apps were downloaded via the Touch over wifi. None of them were downloaded via ITunes.

I will try to reinstall the apps via ITunes and see what happens. Not happy this issue is still happening with 2nd Gen models. Apparently this happened regulary with some 1st Gen models.
  5. rash219

rash219 New Member

which were the apps that caused you problem....maybe i could download it and let you know what happens whn i use them....name the free ones 1st

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. griffinm7

griffinm7 New Member

Okay I deleted the apps from my Touch. Connected it to ITunes, went into Apps and attempted to resync my apps back onto Touch. Result = Fail!

I get the following message: 'Some of the applications in your Itunes library were not installed because you are not authorised for them on this computer' Remember that I downloaded them via wifi Itunes, not directly from my pc.

Not happy. It was Itunes that decided to make a copy of my apps automatically, not me. Now it wont release them back onto my Touch. What is that all about?

I don't mind reloading the free apps again, but I've got Supermonkey Ball and Cro-mag rally which I had to pay for. :-(
  7. rash219

rash219 New Member

well the best part about this is that if you use the same ID you will be able to download it again for free...no charges.......and make sure you DELETE the apps in Itunes before downloading and resyncing.....also make sure your PC/Mac is Authorised (it should be automatically)
  8. mnbinth

mnbinth New Member

Same Issue

I have the same issue with a new iPod Touch 2G. All 3rd party apps will open for 2 seconds and then close. I haven't pinpointed the problem yet. I wonder if it has to do with the "Sol Free" app??? I've found that if I delete "Sol Free" by using the touch screen and reinstalling it, then all the other apps work again. I don't know if deleting a different app would work or not. Maybe we'll get another firmware update soon???

9. Pickaxe

Pickaxe New Member

Well that would at least indicate that this is a software bug and not a hardware bug (like the home button screwing up because of the soldering...)
  10. mnbinth

mnbinth New Member

Now Music

Now I'm having the same issue with Music. When I choose a song, it attempts to play and goes back to the previous screen.