New IPOD touch and current docking systems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nigel2smooth, Aug 31, 2010.

1. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

Does anyone have any idea will the new IPOD toucch 4G work or be compatable with current docking systems.

I was thinking of buying the Gear 4 House Party4. It says on their website compatable with IPOD touch 2nd and 3rd Gen.
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well if the shape is different then it wont fit.
  3. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    here's what I would guess: Apple will continue to use the 30-pin dock connector (quite obviously) but the body design of the 4G touch may change. this does not mean it won't fit in docking systems given that Apple has been using the Universal Dock approach when it comes to docking ports and many iPod clock radio device companies have followed suit, therefore Apple need only include a newly shaped dock adapter for the new design and it will fit perfectly fine into any current docking device that supports the iPod dock adapters.
  4. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    as long as its not wider than it is now it will fit in the universal docking systems for ipods and iphones. whatyou wanna make sure is that it will be compatible with 3rd gen which according to your post the one your loooking at is, because apple changed the way their newer producst charge. i thought it applied to the 2nd gen aswell but i took my sisters and put it onto my old ihome and it charged and played perfectly so idk.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    you're probably better off just holding off until its released and then double check with the company on the compatibility of the new one.
  5. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Does the iPhone 4 work in older docking systems?! If it does then so will the iPod Touch 4.
  6. nigel2smooth

nigel2smooth New Member

Anyone have any idea, on this will the current 4G IPOD work with current IPOD docks. A dock I am looking to buy says it is compatable with the 3G touch,
  7. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well the dock i have thats from before the iPhone 4 doesnt play well with my iphone 4 so maybe but maybe not
  8. yanks111890

yanks111890 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    From my experience all the docking stuff is actually OS based. For example when 3.0 came out my old iHome would play my Touch 1G, but lost all other functionality like use of the remote control, use as an alarm setting, and charging, but it had full functionality with a 2G Touch on 2.1.

That's just my experience, not 100% positive though.