NEW iPod Touch .... AMDS WONT START!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tomd500, Jun 25, 2008.

1. tomd500

tomd500 New Member

i just bought my ipod touch .... and when i hook it up to the computer itunes doesnt connect to it and it says amds isnt started and i need to start it .... then i go into the control panel and admin tools then to services to start it and it doesnt start and says that some services automatically stop if they dont have work to do .... ive completely uninstalled and reinstalled itunes twice now and it still does this ...... i feel like wasted 300 bucks on this thing and want to throw it! help me please ... its much appreciated.
    Tom

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dude19

dude19 Banned

what is amds..please don't use acronyms or anything i'll try to help you to the best of my abiltiy

Please Register or Log in to view images

first of all turn on the ipod. log on to the admin account, or whichever has admin abilties , open itunes plug the ipod in via usb cable that came with the box, if it doesnt show please try every usb even if it mean unplugging your other stuff, try to leave all other usbs open when plugging in your ipod i had this problem once. and just to make sure what os are you running windows? xp, 2000, vista ,heck even 98 (read sig)lol . if its mac make sure you have up to tiger or beyond ,is your proccessor intel or amd
  3. tomd500

tomd500 New Member

Apple Mobile Device Service

I cant even get it past the connect to itunes screen! im using windows xp home edtion .... just for more info
    Tom
  4. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    extract the iTunes installer using 7-zip
    then run the AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi thingy
    restart

see if that works

or, in the command prompt (win+r, cmd)

type: net start "Apple Mobile Device"