new ipod touch 2g user needs help

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by rhannahs19, Oct 7, 2009.

1. rhannahs19

rhannahs19 New Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Hello Everyone:

I'm new to this, but I am familiar with Pocket PC Roms. I just got a 32gb ipod touch today, 2nd generation, with firmware 3.1.1. I have been browsing various forums about jailbreaking ipods, I came to the conclusion that this site seems to be the best. Anyways, I have a few questions before I begin, I have done a good deal of reading and researching, but I still need help:

1. I have read that the 3.1.1 firmware can not be jail broken without first downgrading to firmware 3.0. I have seen various tutorials on this, but they all say something different. I understand I need an itunes below version 9, what version do you guys use, or what is the best one to use.

2. Once downgraded to firmware 3.0, can I just follow a tutorial for jailbreaking a 2g ipod touch?

3. I am confused by the terms thethered and unteathered. What are the different terms used to describe jailbreaks?

4. What is the best jailbreak to use?

Thanks guys, hopefully once I understand all this, I'll be able to provide help to new users like myself.
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Sorry your iPod Touch IS a third generation!

Youll have to wait for GetHots Blackrain or Chronic's GreenP0ison to jailbreak.
    The 3rd gen is not downgradeable sorry.

BUT! Be sure to get your ECID/SHSH in order to be sure to allways be able to jailbreak.