iOS 3.1 New Ipod purchase.... jailbreak options?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by callmewoof, Apr 19, 2010.

1. callmewoof

callmewoof New Member

Hello, I was hoping to get some confirmation about my upcoming Ipod purchase. I've read all the stickies here and tried to learn as much about jailbreaking as I can. I'm guessing I'll be buying a 8gb 3rd gen (possibly 2nd gen) new from somewhere like newegg/amazon/etc, so it will (probably?) come with 3.1.2 or 3.1.3... I'm guessing. I was thinking about a 32gb or 64gb but it seems the options for those are quite limited in the jailbreaking. I would really appreciate any advice or corrections to the following!

If I buy... it can be...

8gb 2nd Gen - Jailbroken (UNtethered) can downgrade from 3.1.3 easily (best option for simplicity and freedom)

8gb 3rd Gen - Jailbroken (UNTethered... I think?) can probably downgrade from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 (2G firmware) (simple option but limited freedom(tether)?

Please Register or Log in to view images

)

32gb 2nd Gen - Jailbroken (Must be Tethered?) (more storage but is tethered?

)

32/64gb 3rd Gen - NOT Jailbroken?

I apologize if this has been answered before, I tried piecing this information together from searching the forum but I'd like to know if I have my facts straight before I buy something. Thanks!
  2. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    64gb 3rd Gen, definately. 8gb doesn't go far at all! I originally had 32gb, and my library consisted of 25gb of music, now it's pretty much doubled the size it was. Go for the 64gb, if you have to wait, wait. We may have one out this week or the next. Hopefully...

3. ipT

ipT New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    All 2nd Gen's without the MC model can be untetheredly jailbroken.
    MC Models are considered as 3rd Gen's and they can be jailbroken on 3.1.2. I recommend using redsn0w with the 3rd Gen because it is less buggy.
  4. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the 2nd gens are virtually all gone from all online stores, at least new ones. Plus the 32/64s have better hardware.