new ipod; no apple store near

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrCrawley, Jul 3, 2008.

1. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

so here's my deal, i got a 32g ipod touch for my bday, and i luv it, but... i have seen this threads about brickin' it and i really want to do it so i get a new one. but there's no apple store in mexico, there's only an so-called apple store wich is a reseller (actually they sold jailbroken iphones since there was no iphone in mexico). my ipod was bought in mexican ebay (mercadolibre they're partners) and its warranty is supposed to end in february 28 . can i take it to the retail store bricked and ask for a new one? or can i do it thru the apple's website?
    thanks
  2. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you follow all of the guides correctly for jailbreaking, there is a strong chance your ipod will not get bricked. I wouldn't worry about it too much. You could also mail it in to an apple store by contacting their customer service.
  3. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

i know how to jailbreak, my ipod is pwned and have tried ziphone & iLiberty, i have jailbroken it many times (been on 2.0), what i want to do is actually brick it so i can get a new one, cause i luv the shiny back and mine (even it's in a case) its scratched.
  4. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i did the same. pwn your ipod with the iphone firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

works like magic!
  5. MrCrawley

MrCrawley New Member

yea but can i just take it to an Apple's official repair center? or What