New Ipod app idea - click wheel

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by optikalefx, Oct 15, 2007.

1. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Now im only in my beginner stages of applications, but for someone who is more advanced, is there a way you could make a small program that would be a click wheel?

i know i know, dumb, but think about it, it may not be...

Ive already made a click wheel in flash, the distance formula to calculate the distance from a center point and then pull out the center. you get the idea etc..
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

what would that be used for?
  3. jord

jord New Member

Yeah.. i can't see it being very useful unless you had an ipod emulator or something like that... where you could navigate your file structure (media only perhaps?) and use it like a ipod classic... would be a nifty little app...

and as for usefulness.... it would be a heck of a lot more useful then say... Fish tank, or iLight for that matter
  4. hugo

hugo New Member

i would really like that seeing that the old fashioned volume control is kind of clunky and hard to control
  5. beamerkid

beamerkid New Member

actually i was searching for something like this because i personally like the clickwheel. I mean it would be really cool to do the rotating clickwheel motion on the screen and after a few rotations a clickwheel just faded in (transparent so you could still read text) and it would scroll like the other ipods. And then when u took ur finger off it would fade away. I just find it annoying to scroll w/ the touch cos i have a crapload of songs (even w/ the alphabetical breakdown) and i dont like going to one through artist>song cos then it wont shuffle all my music. Idk it would just be more cool than useful

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Im not a coder so idk how to do anything like this or if its even possible to do. Anyhoo i think its a good idea haha. I think they eliminated the CW cos it would be hard to read what u have ur finger on haha but still I think it would be cool to see how that worked out.
  6. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

when i was searching for what will come after the ipod touch before i bought one )because you know apple and releasing new gear very often) and i came across a page with prototype kinda thing with a click wheel on-screen. Like when you touc the screen when watching a movie instead of the box with controls coming up like it usually does with ipod touch, it displays a click wheel..

Basically it keeps with the traditional ipod feel but still keeping the touch controls.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. waldlaeufer

waldlaeufer New Member

i would definitely love to have a software clickwheel to forward and rewind video because that is SO clunky/difficult on the touch. just trying to rewind a movie for a couple of seconds is a drag

the same for volume control. i like to listen at very low volume and the touch makes it really hard to adjust the volume correctly. great would we the ability to choose the sensitivity (in lack of a better word for it), i.e. how much you move foward/backward or up/down with one scroll.

so yeah, some programming genius should do it! please!
  8. ipod_freek

ipod_freek New Member

hey "optikalefx"...
    you have made one yourself...?
    can you please share it with us..?
    it'll be nice if you could!!
  9. someonesmonkey

someonesmonkey New Member

10. HoboJoe4Eva

HoboJoe4Eva New Member

I so want a click wheel. They could make it accessable through dock even so that like others have said volume and movie control can me far mroe percise. idk about scrolling the touch is fine fore that imo even better but volume sucks it should've been on the y axis rather than a small line across the bottom.