New iPod and a Bunch of Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCrosoft, Jan 2, 2010.

1. iCrosoft

iCrosoft New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Okay, so I finally got an iPod Touch this Christmas. It's pretty nice; it's a 32GB Third Generation (non-jailbroken), but I'm noticing a bunch of issues with mine. Some of these problems I've seen other people having, but others I have not. I really want to know if I can fix any of these issues or if I should just send a bug report to Apple.

1. I have issues with my Wi-Fi. It keeps forgetting my router password and it has me re-enter the password every time I wake up my iPod or re-enter the range of my router. I have now added the password to my Notes, but I really don't think it's supposed to be like this. From what I've read online, only some people have this issue, so...

2. It keeps turning on by itself. Last night was the first time I've noticed this, but for whatever reason, after I put it in sleep mode with no music playing and then went to sleep myself, the iPod started playing music again, waking me up. At first, I thought I had accidentally left the music playing and so I paused it, put it to sleep, and went back to bed, but then it did it again. Then, I went to the playlist of songs that it was playing, skipped through the rest of the songs in its queue (it was playing the Genius playlist I had been listening to before I went to sleep), put it to sleep and went back to bed. Surely enough, it started playing music again, this time from my Shuffle playlist. After this, I just turned it off, and it didn't happen again.

3. Cover flow is mismatching the cover art to some of my music videos. It has the caption for one video, but shows the cover art for another. If I go to play it, I see that the caption is correct, but it's the cover art that's displaying incorrectly.

4. Unlocking my iPod causes it to start playing music, even if I wasn't listening to any before.

Please, if there's some setting that I could toggle that could remedy ANY of these, tell me. I beg of you. :3
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    1. Try a restore. Don't restore from a backup.
    2. Unplug the earphones.
    3. I don't know.
    4. Also try a restore.
  3. Ip0d N00b

Ip0d N00b New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just try restoring it if that dosent work send it to apple
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    1. You could restore if you want, isn't there a way to tell your iPod to remember the password, I thought there was? In like settings, idk...
    2. Unplug your headphones if they are plugged in.
    3. Same with me sometimes, not sure why, but once again, you could restore if you want.
    4. Not sure...
    Sorry I couldn't help more, good luck!!
  5. phattbilly

phattbilly New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would say take it to the apple store
  6. Krew_92

Krew_92 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Wow 3.1.2 is glitchy! Or Apple rushed the Hardware too much and some came out defected... Or people are doing something wrong? All I have noticed is when Zoom is turned on it makes the iPod laggy as in the touch screen unresponsive, try it! if you have Rock Band or Touchgrind turn on Zoom and see what I mean (Rock Band double notes do not press correctly)
  7. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Happened to me mostly when I was on firmware 2.x