New ipod; Advice please

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dave the wave, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dave the wave

dave the wave New Member

So word on the street (my daughter) has it that my wife got me an 8gig 1G ipod touch on clearence back in September when the new version was coming out. I'm pretty jazzed as my little ipod nano is always with me as an e-reader, music player, movies etc. This bad boy is going to be the bomb for me.

The apps that I'm looking at are stanza, some games etc and the mapsoffline app which will require jailbreaking. So whe I get the new ipod (have no idea what the firmware is on it) what should be the process to get everything I want on it? Upgrade firmware, jailbreak, install jailbreak apps then itunes apps? or does it really matter?

Thanks
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It will most likely have 1.1.5 it so the first thing you want to do is restore to the latest firmware (2.2) from iTunes. It will cost 10$ so... Next thing you want to do is download quickpwn 2.2 and that will jailbreak your iPod, (it's very easy to use) If on a mac then download pwnage tool which is more advanced than quickpwn, I would link u to a tutorial but I'm on my pod. You can find both app at iPhone-dev.org's blog. Make sure you select cydia in the jailbreak tool that will be your main app to download jailbreak 3rd party apps. After running cydia it will relocate apps(free space) then you can download whatever your little heart desires LOL. Congrats there the coolest mp3 player ever made!!
  3. dave the wave

dave the wave New Member

Thanks bro. I'm excited. I see a long night in fornt of the computer on Thursday.
  4. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

lol..its gonna suck if you dont get it..
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    It shouldn't take you all night. It only takes like 5 minutes to jailbreak. It's not like 1.1.x days. The thing that will take the longest is getting all the apps you want and setting up your iPod (themes). If you have a wireless router you can connect to the Internet and app store through your iPod. If not then I would advise you to get one or you wontbe able to even use cydia.