New iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXrkidXx, Mar 29, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well Check it out.. I was listening to WBBM(Chicagoland Area) and at about 4:50 they said new iPhones in June/July.. And That Apple was developing a new phone for Verizon.. I don't know if anybody can back this up or what I heard was 100% correct but I do know that's what I heard.
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
  3. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ohh. I guess I wasn't the only one who heard about this xD
  5. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Let's make this THE iPhone on Verizon thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

Here's what I think so far of this iPhone on Verizon speculation (I pulled it off my blog, just started again today):

"When I saw this, my mind spun into another dimension, and my heart stopped along with the rest of the world. iPhone on Verizon? No, can't be, that's apocalyptic! But when I read the article, and from Wall Street Journal, I was highly surprised. Although there is some speculation whether this is a screw up or not, I'm pretty enthusiastic toward the idea that it is quite real (not just because I'm obsessed with the god damn thing).

First off, there are "2 new devices" coming out in the summer, and as we all know, the iPhone 2G, 3G, and 3GS all came out in the summer. Now, there's no chance, really, of an iPod or iMac coming out at that time, because those are usually closer toward the end of the month, and have been that way for quite a while.

Secondly, Engadget says that the so called CDMA iPhone chips will be produced in September, just before Christmas. The thing is, GSM chips are most likely already produced, and Apple is thriving to get their iPhone 4G out on the market, so they will most likely come before the CDMA model. I'm thinking this has to do with some sort of agreement that Apple made with AT&T and Verizon. My theory is that Verizon agreed to some sort of contract that said they can only release it after a certain amount of days from the AT&T launch. This is mandatory for the survival of the iPhone 4G on AT&T. Most people will NOT want to wait another two months for their precious iPhone to come out, so they may just extend their contract again, only realizing they're, again, stuck with terrible signal strength.

I don't know if this convinced you any further on the fact that the iPhone may finally be coming to Verizon, but as far as we know, AT&T has posted that a CDMA iPhone may soon be coming, and that's all that matters."