New iPhones

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by Spartigus, May 31, 2009.

1. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey everyone

I work at a place near an Apple store, and I'm friends with one of the guys there. He came over to our store and we had our iPhones out, and i showed him my 3.0 firmware and stuff. He then mentioned a representative from Apple recently came into the store, to brief them on the new iPhones (yes, more than one).

He said they are releasing two models, the new iPhone and get this, the iPhone nano. Here is what he said: -

iPhone (im sure you know most of this already)
    -Better camera
    -More space
    -Different look
    -He didn't mention anything about more RAM or faster processor, probably because they aren't really that big of a selling point, when compared to camera and size.

iPhone Nano
    Smaller than the iPhone, the reason being, people complained the iPhone was too big. It will be a comparison between iPod classic and iPod Nano. They are interested in creating a sort of family of iPhones.

With regards to WWDC and the new iPhones, the Apple rep told my friend he wasn't sure if they were going to release the iPhones at WWDC or at a separate iPhone event.

P.S. I'm not making up stories, this guy is very reliable. I just thought i would share some interesting news with the forum.

Please Discuss

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    so there is an iPhone Nano?

dun believe you 0.o
  3. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but how do you know he's telling the truth?
  5. qe boy

qe boy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sounds quite good
  6. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, it's not "reliable info", because you don't have a reliable source which we can check out for ourselves.

Some guy I know who works for this company has a hairdresser who knows a guy who works somewhere near an Apple store and he says that the new iPhone has the same processing power as a Mac Pro!
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah and i know this guy whose owns a corner shop who has a daily cusotmer, and guess what... it's steve jobs!

j/k.

there's no proof what so ever.
  8. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think my friend is more reliable than a Chinese website, websites dedicated to rumors and even Wikipedia, but i guess you all don't think that. I thought maybe i could share some info with you, but when these get released, i think you should all think about this thread and how i informed you, but you all shut me down.

Where do rumor websites get their info from? Exactly, they are rumors, whereas this is confirmed from an Apple employee and an Apple rep.

EDIT:
    How can you even shut me down for this? I have more info than you, can you prove this is wrong? I don't think so!
  9. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    calm, calm. No one said you were lying
  10. BMatt

BMatt New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yes. I just did. Why would anyone complain about the iPhone's size? iPhone Nano? I don't think so.