New iphone or old iphone for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raEEv3, Jun 23, 2008.

1. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Should I get the new iphone or the old iphone? Personally... im not going to get the plan for the iphones.. so i'm not going to use celluar towers, just safari. One thing i HATE! about the new iphone 3g, is that .. the back is such an ugly design.. like why on earth would you use cheap plastic? It's totally non-apple like.. and totally not high class looking. I'm planning to go with the old iphone because the back looks way better.. not like im going to use the 3g celluar towers or anything. But one thing I do hate about the old iphone is it won't have GSP as the new one does, and the APP store. I could careless about appstore, but it just seems like it would be fun to have an app store. Any opinons or thoughts on this?

Also, I live in canada, so the old iPhone is not here. Or any iPhone at all. So I will have to buy it off craigslist or something.. and like.. if I broke my iPhone, or something like that or somethings wrong with it and I need it to be fixed, I can't go to our apple store, because we don't have iPhones

Please Register or Log in to view images

? So what's your opinon on this whole situtation?
  2. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I believe the old iPhone will include the appstore, I don't see why not? I heard that it wont somewhere too, but that's ridiculous. For you I'll say get the new one. Because is cheaper and the old ones are OLD and apple wont sell them, so you'll probably end with a used one.
  3. raEEv3

raEEv3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    well.. that's true I hate have "OLD" stuff regardless if I just got it. But there are some sealed ones on craigslist. And news ones aren't cheaper, the plan adds up. But theres a store by my house that sells iPhones, right from the applestore.. sealed

Please Register or Log in to view images

They said they will sell 16gig iPhone 3g for $400. But the back is still very ugly to me.. Why couldn't it be metal? like the old iphone?
  4. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Probably to either cut costs.

In my opinion, I don't look at the back of my iPod anyway or I have a case on it that covers it.
  5. skynex721

skynex721 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

They say that the back is made of plastic because it improves the reception for the phone. Metal blocks the signal.
  6. castro.

castro. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    i am also debating which iPhone to get, i am thinking about getting the 3G but the one question i have is:
    When you use the 3G or EDGE on an iPhone does it cost money?
  7. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ok u should get the old one, and for your questions, the back is different cuz it improves the certain signals that go in and out, and the new one is only cheaper cuz u have to activate it instore and pay 70$ a month at least to keep it activated so u are eventually paying the same