New iPhone 3G Question!

Discussion in 'Apple Discussions, Rumours and Speculation' started by ahl395, Jun 10, 2008.

1. ahl395

ahl395 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So, I see the new iPhone.

Q1: Will it be "jailbreakable"?

Q2: Is there a way, after possible jailbraking, to disable the phone and use WiFi and basically as a iPod touch?

Q3: Seeing as they say this version is "faster", I read the fine print and it stated tested under EDGE and 3G network... So will I see any difference in speed using WiFi?

Q4: Will I still be able to use the camera and Bluetooth wo/ phone being "enabled" if that is again possible.

Please help me because I may sell my iPod touch and get this new iPhone and just use it as an iPod touch if it will be faster and be able to disable the phone to use the camera. Thanks in advance...
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It most likely will be. But that is not known yet until it is actually released. And it's the FIRMWARE that you jailbreak.

Yes there is, but you would probably still need a Plan. Besides, if you were going to do this, why get a 3G iPhone in the first place?

Wifi will be faster than 3G depending on which Wireless network you are using.

Those have nothing to do with the Contract whatsoever.

Next time, please check out the 2.0 Firmware section and WWDC Section at the top where ALL of these questions are being discussed and answered.
  3. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    teslanaut is exactly right. well posted teslanaut
  4. scorpion 55

scorpion 55 Banned

thanxs for the answers teslanaut!
  5. ahl395

ahl395 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch