new installer screwed me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rulesteak77, Oct 30, 2007.

1. rulesteak77

rulesteak77 New Member

i had everything perfect on my touch, then i installed the new installer, and it kept crashing, so i tryed to rejailbreak it, and restore (which makes me mad i have to do a whole bunch of sh*t again). but now i have the old installer and there are no programs, one source, and evertime i try to update the installer it says "file size error" or something along those lines, any ideas?
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

ooohhh... You didnt have to restore! There are multiple threads including one I made about the new installer crashing, you should check them out, remember to install comunity sources again and just don't update the installer for now
  3. rulesteak77

rulesteak77 New Member

oooo thankz, i should have read that, do you have any ideas for now? cause theres absolutly no apps in installer, and no real way to add sources, there is a manual way to do so, isn't there? (nullriver says to upgrade installer, and the error message is "package file size mismatch")
  4. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

which way did u use 2 jailbreak it.. if u used the old way.. obviously ur gonna have problems.... use iJailbreak for windows. It should set up everything for you including the newest sources to my knowledge. Then just update installer.. voila done... no hassle of comand prompt
  5. rulesteak77

rulesteak77 New Member

i used touchfree, ahhhhhh, it keeps forcing me to update the installer, i jailbreak it, then it loads fine, i see all the programs, then it refreshes, and gets rid of everything but the new install