1. troublesome_killa

troublesome_killa Member

Will there be a new line of Macs anytime soon? I was going to buy the iMac but its close to being the end of the year kinda and im just wondering if there will be any new ones.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    around september/October
  3. jpat53

jpat53 New Member

I think its best to wait until the holiday season to get any new Mac, because Apple tends to do thier Mac updates and releases at the end of the fourth quarter.
  4. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. mlbplayer456_is_back

mlbplayer456_is_back New Member

i wouldn't just say around september/october. just say you heard rumors from good sources about that. cause there could very possible just be a processor upgrade or w/e
  6. bob vansteel

bob vansteel Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The likley hood of an iMac up date this year is like %10....they just updated them 100 days ago(updates come about every 211 for the iMacs) They truthfully have nothing they can dramatically change to the iMac's until the 42nm Nehalem chips come out this time next year(right on schedule for snowleopard). See the iMac's use laptop components, and they currently already have one of the very best processors availible to laptops at the moment. They could get a gpu update, but if you are a gamer, i doubt you're getting an iMac. The HDD in the are fine, need more space just get an external one, no use in waiting for an update just for more HDD space. RAM...haha please, 4GB is plenty for OSX or Vista/XP, if you need more than 4GB of RAM, you definatly don't want an iMac, start saving up for a Mac Pro. They won't be making a full on design change for at least a year(that is the minimum) considering the aluminum iMacs just came out last year. The way I see it, there won't be another iMac update for a year...but there could possiblly be a small refresh next january.

LOL Macbook touch, I VERY strongly doubt we won't see a macbook touch this year.