New Here

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sirdirk9, Jan 14, 2010.

1. sirdirk9

sirdirk9 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to the site and just recently purchased an IPOD Touch. Here are some things that I am sure many people have asked but please help if you can.

The title of this site is listed as "ifans.com" but there are also Iphone forums. Is there a section for Ipod only questions? As you know they are different.

Is there currently a way to get 3G coverage for the IPOD touch. I thought that WiFi would be easy to find with the add on apps, but it is acutally not. Often the WiFi connection don't exist or are protected.

Why do most apps require log in. Without a WiFi connection these are useless.

Is there a good site to search for apps other than iTunes? I can't access this application in certain areas. Also can the search be filtered by Ipod only apps? Dragon Dictation is one that I would really like to use but not compatible at this point.

Many app require the ability to scan something with a camera. What is the latest rumor on purchasing an after market add on. Not a big fan of AT&T and would like all the abilities of the Iphone on my Ipod. Yes I am aware of jailbreak. Not sure if I want to get involved with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Jason
  2. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1. They're not really much different, just ask in the appropriate section.
    2. No, as it does not have a receiver.
    3. Because they are internet enabled apps... which means you need to be connected to the internet.
    4. http://appshopper.com I suppose :/
    5. There is currently no camera add on for the iPod Touch. You can not get all the capabilities of an iPhone. If you could there would be no point in the iPhone.
  3. Shamko

Shamko Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no

iTunes is the only place where you should search/get apps.