New here, and need your help and suggestions please. Thanks!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zamardii12, Nov 8, 2007.

1. zamardii12

zamardii12 New Member

Well, i'm going to be a touch owner tomorrow. It's my first Ipod, hell, my first portable MP3 player ever, and I have a few questions for you owners if you could please assist. I know you guys/girls must hate lists, but i'd really appreciate it if anyone had some answers for me.

1. What can I to protect it? Is there a stick-on screen cover to prevent scratches, or a good case for it? I was thinking of getting one of those PDA stick-on transparent covers on the screen to protect it, but idk how much it'll effect the touch features.

2. Are there any simple programs to convert my DVDs (mainly Family Guy and other shows) and make it compact enough to where I can fit some shows/episodes on there and look relatively okay?

3. How is your battery life on it? When watching movies/shows, or listening to music.

4. I'm a little separated about whether getting a 16gb touch, or the 80gb Classic for $150 less. The memory's not expandable on either so once it's full, it's full. Anyone run into trouble with that? I have now 5.95gb of music on itunes, and i'd like to put some Family Guy Episodes on there, and maybe some movies later and I was wondering how well you all filled up the space, and how much stuff you were able to put on your touches.

5. I had a fifth question, but I forgot it. lol.

Thank you all so much for any incite at all. I'm really excited about tomorrow, but I just wanted some input and feedback about some concerns/questions I had.

Thanks!
  2. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

1) invisiblesheild. search accesories forum for info.
    2) videora or isquint. search the forum for info.
    3) look at apple.com/touch and check tech spec.
    4) i'm nearing 2000 songs(8gigs), have one anime series(2gigs) and still have 5 gigs left.
    5) welcome to the forum. check other threads or search before you ask stuff. someone most likely asked it or discussed about it already.
  3. zamardii12

zamardii12 New Member

The Invisible shield looks okay, but is there anything else that someone has that's good for it that I can maybe buy in a store? The first thing I do when I buy stuff like this with big screens (Digital Camera, PSP, Cell Phone), I buy a cover for it. Would the cover for the PSP work do you think if I just cut it to size?

I'll spend the extra money for the invisible shield, but I wanted to use the touch this weekend. So if there's any carrying case that someone can suggest that I could buy in store, or a cover of some sort, that'd be great.
  4. Kurokaze

Kurokaze New Member

cases are still scarce in stores. companies started shipping them last week. your best bets are griffin and belkin since they're the only ones with stuff out. they usually come with a front screen protector.
  5. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I have series 3 of lost and 30 episodes of furutama and 1500 songs and i have 2 gigs left ( 16 gig model )
  6. touchbaby

touchbaby New Member

I bought a screen protection and the soft cover together at $16, and they fit well.
  7. zamardii12

zamardii12 New Member

That's cool. What is it called and where did you get it?
  8. jasonweaver

jasonweaver New Member

1. The Ipod touch has a glass screen so unless you drop it on the cement its not going to scratch. But buy a case anyways. Click this link to go find good cases
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

2. Since the screen on the touch is small compared to a tv there shouldn't ever be a problem with quality. To rip dvds i suggest that you use Dvd Decrypter and Videora. CLick this link for a walk through on how to rip dvds
    http://www.anders.com/guides/convert/video/iPod/windows.html

3. I charge my ipod every day so I never ran out of battery life. I watched 28 days later (two hours long) on my ipod and still had a lot of batter life on it.

4. Space on the ipod is all about preference. The touch has a cool feature that lets you delete videos on it without itunes. I dont have a lot of songs so space was never an issue. And If your like me once i watch a movie i dont watch it again so i tend to pick what movies i want on my ipod so i dont take up space. I would get the touch just because of all the cool extras you can put on it that the classic doesn't have. Once you jail break your ipod theres a whole new side of ipod that you would never see with the classic.

Plus being able to go on the internet anywhere that has wifi is worth the 400 in my opinion

5. I dont think anyone here hates list

9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1. Don't believe the hype - the iPod Touch glass screen can actually scratch. A nice screencover is a good investment.
    2. I like Handbrake myself for ripping DVDs - it's cross-platform too
    3. I charge my iPod Touch nightly - during the day I listen to music for probably about 4-5 hours, 1-2 hours of video, and a good 2-3 hours of websurfing.
    4. Right now I've got 2,668 songs, 3 movies, and 1GB still free.
  10. zamardii12

zamardii12 New Member

So I just got back from Best Buy with my new Ipod Touch 16gb. How do you update the Cover Flow on Itunes so when I sync it to me Touch, i'll have all the cover arts? When I view Cover Flow on Itunes, a bunch are missing.