new here and need a little help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ithatcher123, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ithatcher123

ithatcher123 New Member

Hey guys, I just semi-tethere jailbroke my ipod touch 2nd gen and then installed the winterboard and patch, and it works. The problem is that now when i turn it off and then turn it back on it wont boot in normal mode, it just loops the apple logo and then black screen over and over till I put it in dfu and tether boot it. So my question is what caused this firstly, and how would I go about just going from tethered to semi-tethered again. thanks
  2. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    here is my suggestion. don't go semitethered unless u know what ur doing. the regualr tethered, yes u have to repatch each time u boot, but it has a LOT less hastles. and really, u don't need to turn off ur ipod every day. i leave my ipod on all the time, and its fine. a lot of people think that its absolutly necessary to turn off ur ipod all the time... but it isn't. the only time thats really necessary is if ur installing a lot of programs and it gets laggy. in this case its a quick reboot on your computer and ur good. i mean heck ur tether booting anyways. y go thru the hastle and unstability of semitethered...? just rejailbreak to tethered and u'll b fine.
  3. ithatcher123

ithatcher123 New Member

ok so do I have to go to itunes and restore it, then tethered jailbreak it or can I just go from where I am now and do it?
  4. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i would itunes restore to 2.2.1 just to be safe. i'm on tethered and i haven't considered semi-tethered, so i really couldn't help u there, but i'd just go backt a regualr FW, and then rejailbreak.
  5. ithatcher123

ithatcher123 New Member

ok thanks man, what did u use to jailbreak yours?
  6. phiyuku

phiyuku New Member

I don't understand but semi-tethered is always better then tethered. All apps work on semi-tethered it just won't boot to normal. So if you look at it the app doesn't allow booting you got yourself a tethered ipod. correct?

Also don't install SQlitev3 and Backgrounder, 5 Dock Icon, 5 column springboard, winterboard, sbsettings need patches. SQlitev3 doesn't have a patch. Not really allowed to say this I guess but any mobileinstallation patches can't be installed either if you want to boot to normal mode.