New - have some questions, Please help :)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Makadon, May 18, 2009.

1. Makadon

Makadon New Member

Hello.

Yestrday I got my Ipod touch 16GB and I havent stoped getting amazed by the things it can do and how thin and little it is compared do that, Also the head that is prodused is almost 0% if you think about the fast processor,
    But i have some questions.

1) I live in Israel and it's quiet hot here some times and I saw on the site this info :
    Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
    Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F
    (-20° to 45° C)
    Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
    Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

Today we had like 40C out side, dose it mean I really cant use the Ipod today :S? Sounds a bit probolomatic..

2) Is it normal that when I use the Wi-Fi or games the right bottom side is heating up?

Please answare, wanna check those things out.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks ALLOT.
    Nir.
  2. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The heat flow from one medium to another, cooler medium is proportional to the temperature difference. If it gets to hot outside the cooling of the iPod might not be enough, the heat produced in you iPod cannot get out and might lead to an overheating of the hardware.
    However, typically this causes the hardware to run instable resulting in a crash of the software before it leads to a permanent damage of the hardware. So I would suggest you give it a try and see if your iPod behaves erratically.

Yes. It also heats up when charging.
  3. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I live in Israel as well and I have used it today and had no problems.
    Also, if there is a heat problem, you will see a message on the screen that won't let you use your iPod until you get to the right temperature.
    Just turn on the air conditioner

4. Makadon

Makadon New Member

Thanks for the fast response bro, well, I did not feel any weird behaivor from the Itouch, I played, used the internet, donwload app's but I just dont want to lose it

so I wanna be on the safe side.

by the way, I use a Silicon case at home and when iam out, I have like a Leather case that is for the Iphone and it has really good cover on the screen so I cant say I niglect it..

any way the only place that got heated up is at the bottom right, didnt feel the screen hot or any thing (My hands are warmer for sure) I guess I shuold just relax and have fun

and by the way at home I use AC or fans so it's not as hot as out side, I would burn!