New guy with 2G touch problems: Maps and Youtube

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jedimasterkyle, Mar 24, 2010.

1. jedimasterkyle

jedimasterkyle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hi there, I just registered a few minutes ago but ive been lurking on here for a while for help on my ipod touch 2G.

Let me explain the scenario. Ive had my 8GB touch since x-mas and I love it. It immediatley found my home network and has connected to it no problem. I can surf safari no problem. I get all my email. Myspace and facebook work great. iTunes and the app store work great. The only things that DONT work on it are my "Maps" and "youtube" apps.

For as long as ive had my touch, ive never been able to get my youtube or maps apps to work right. My maps app opens up but when I try to go to my current location, it takes me a few miles away but its also put me in a different city before that ive never been to. Ive done the skyhook thing but that hasnt worked either. As for youtube, I cant get it to load period. Every time I load it up, i get "loading" and thats all I get.

Now here is where it gets weird...

I can go to any coffee shop or anywhere with open wifi, load up maps and youtube and they work perfectly! Maps pinpoints my exact location and youtube streams like crazy. I can also do the same at my parents house.

So why is it that I can get the full use out of maps and youtube at coffee shops and my parents house but I cant use them at all at my house?

My wireless network is on WPA security right now and I can use safari no problem but no maps or youtube. I go over to my parents house and their wireless network is WEP and I can use safari AND maps AND youtube. I was under the impression that the touch was able to use any type of wifi network to use all of the internet-use apps like maps and youtube. I tried switching my router over to WEP last night but I didnt get very far.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to help me, that would be awesome!
  2. MuckYu

MuckYu Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Full Wifi Signal at home?
  3. jedimasterkyle

jedimasterkyle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yep. full wifi at home
  4. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    maybe something is wrong with your wireless router?
  5. jedimasterkyle

jedimasterkyle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ive had no problems with it at all. It broadcasts perfectly to my wii, my lifes laptop and to my touch. I have it wired to my desktop computer but it still does the job.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    your life? lol.

well, i used to have this problem alot, but it fixed itself...
  7. jedimasterkyle

jedimasterkyle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    lol my WIFES laptop. apparently I cant spell today lol.

so you've had this particular problem before? how long did it take for it to correct itself?
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    well, it was almost a year ago. and sometimes it happens now.

im streaming a video, and it stops streaming, then it doesn't continue to load.

it fixed by ALOT when i upgraded from 2.2.1 to 3.0
  9. jedimasterkyle

jedimasterkyle Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yeah im on 3.1.3 right now with my touch. im assuming that is the latest software update?
  10. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    yes. yes it is. i think when i jailbroke on 3.0 it fixed a little too. you should try jb'ing on 3.1.3 using redsn0w 0.9.4