New gpSphone0.1.5 review!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by spinner, Nov 26, 2007.

1. spinner

spinner New Member

I just downloaded and updated the gpSphone this morning and I'm really not happy with it. The screen is larger but with a lot suckier graphics and horrible clarity. the controlls are to small for my fingers. The game lag horribly no matter what frame skip setting its on and I lost all my suspended games in the update! Untill they work out the kinks on this I plan on downgrading! Please, anyone, give me a link or source for the last version before this one. Thanks!
  2. Parham

Parham New Member

I have too many problem with this version ! cant play mario world 3 or sonic ...also many other games !
  3. slovig

slovig New Member

Give me a few min. I will send you a link to the old version.

Ok. PM me and I'll send you think link.
  4. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Well a larger screen was one of the top requests to zodttd so that's why it was implemented in this release. However, from the settings it is possible to turn screen scaling off therefore that is not a problem.

As for the smaller buttons, i'm a lot happier with the way they are now, as before i used to not hit the buttons correctly as they were located too high up as i held the ipod in portrait, now they feel just fine.

However i do agree with certain laggyness/frame rate issues i have encountered in the new version. Has anyone else experienced this? While playing a game that before used to be fine (e.g. Mario Bros) the gameplay is not as smooth as before and seems a lot more jerky.
  5. spinner

spinner New Member

Uh, yeah dude. When I started this thread this morning, 80% of my complaint was about the lagginess of previously lag-proof games. (probably should have said that was my biggest complaint) Shotgunfool has the older gpsphone version on his source now. Pm him for it.
  6. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

I like the new version better with the bigger screen but i CAN NOT deal with the lag.. does anyone have a source that I can get the older version via installer? shotguns just loads a blank white screen.
  7. slovig

slovig New Member

PM me and I can give you the whole app folder to upload via ssh.
  8. a4pat

a4pat New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think the update was release too soon. it is lagging a lot as most said. Give it time and it will get certainly get better with the next release (hopefully)
  9. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i am fixing this....
  10. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

I know and thank you for that! I am just looking for a work around untill yours is up and going..