New game on App store - Galcon

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by MicroByte, Jul 18, 2008.

1. MicroByte

MicroByte New Member

2. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    $9.99 seems a little much for it, although it is cheaper than the desktop version. It definitely looks interesting, and despite it being so much I might just buy it. I have plenty of money to spare

Please Register or Log in to view images

edit: buying now. I'll let you know how it is.
  3. MicroByte

MicroByte New Member

Yeah, I really would like to Demo it first or at least see a video of it in action before I buy it to see if it looks like the pc version.

I'm not sure how good it is though since it doesn't look like it's being done by the actual original company. This guy ported it: http://www.philhassey.com/blog/

Wonder if I could convince him to post a YouTube vid of it in action...
  4. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I'll give you my quick little mini review

Ok, I've only just started playing it, but I can already say it's not worth $9.99. There's no audio to the game at all and it has 10 different levels of difficulty, and maps seem like they "MIGHT" be generated randomly. So there is some diversity in levels.

There are a few different types of gameplay.

Stealth missions you won't be able to see enemy ships.

Vacuum missions you have to conquer all the planets before time runs out.

Beast missions it doesn't give a description, but this is what I've got. The enemy starts with a lot of planets while you only start with two. There are a few neutral planets as well. You can't see the numbes on the enemy planets. So you need to pay a lot of attention to where ships are coming from to have an advantage.

3-way missions there are two computer players instead of one. All of you trying to conquer the map.

It is a fun game, and VERY VERY easy to learn, However you'll want to listen to your music or something while playing, otherwise it can seem kinda dull. It definitely takes skill when playing the more advanced levels so it may be worth the price to people that love a good strategy game. Otherwise I'd reccomend waiting a little while to see if the price drops.
  5. MicroByte

MicroByte New Member

Thanks drakness, you're awesome!

I'm not too miffed about the lack of sound (I play like that 90% of the time anyways), but the number of levels would keep me from buying this.

Are the 10 levels the same very time or do the planets/enemies generate randomly?
  6. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    There are different maps, I don't know if they're generated randomly but it seems like it might be that way.

The ten levels are actually levels of difficulty, so I guess I should edit that part now >.<

I'm working on a more in-depth review now with pictures

7. MicroByte

MicroByte New Member

Ooooh, Random generation would so sell me!
  8. drakness

drakness New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Ok, I have a more in-depth review up.