New Game: Lextron

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mgmm1, Apr 18, 2008.

1. mgmm1

mgmm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Has anyone played the game Text Twist. If you have you'll be happy to know there is a new game in the installer called Lexitron which is a similar game. If you haven't played it before, then install Lexitron now.

Rather than retype information on the game, I googled Lextron and am providing a link to a review from Apple iPhone School http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/2008/04/18/lexitron-100/

You will need to install Jiggy Runtime to play the game.

A big thank you the Jiggy developer and to Big Boss. This game is my all-time favorite. I have Text Twist on my Palm T/X and play it everyday.

Enjoy!!
  2. berky93

berky93 New Member

sorry to dissapoint you, but that is a totla game rip - not only does it require jiggy runtime, it has the same graphics as texttwist, only recolored.

EDIT: its a texttwist update with a different name, for legal reasons I believe. no failure...
  3. mgmm1

mgmm1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What a noob I am!

Ah, I see what you mean. Did another Google for Text Twist and I see this game is already available. I like the color version better. Time to uninstall Lexitron and install Text Twist.

Maybe we can delete my previous post and this thread.

Thanks for the heads up.
  4. Zach23

Zach23 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Are they not both by the same developer, digicide? Plus, lexitron is much better. It shows highscores, has portait and landscape views (text twist only has landscapce), saves your highscores, and doesnt have as many bugs.
  5. sn00pee

sn00pee New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    text twist and lexitron are made by the same person. Why didnt they just make lexitron an updated texttwist, i dont know. But yes, it is more stable than text twist and that makes me happy. I hated trying to tap to the next stage on text twist...
  6. hy565

hy565 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Yep, lexitron and texttwist are by the same authors, digicide.

I like lexitron much better and uninstalled texttwist right away!
  7. stewie2280

stewie2280 New Member

Digicide changed the name form TextTwist to Lexitron for copyright reasons according to BigBoss
  8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I do like this version a bit better from a visual standpoint, but it freezes quite frequently on my 1.1.4 iPhone. (Haven't tried it on my 1.1.3 Touch yet, but I don't expect any difference.) When it freezes you usually have to either quit or force-quit the game. Fortunately it saves progress when you quit so you can return to where you left off -- but still, that's annoying.
  9. Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Lexitron is an update to Text Twist. It's made by the same guy (Digicide). This version has overall better graphics, supports portrait and landscape modes, has bug fixes, and saves high scores.

This game is amazing.
  10. MacDevil

MacDevil Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah this still have the crashing bug that was present in the last version of text twist. Good otherwise though...