New Game – Lockpicking Fallout 3 style

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by KingJamesIII, Aug 5, 2009.

1. KingJamesIII

KingJamesIII New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just released a new arcade/puzzle type game, very much in the style of the lockpicking found in Fallout 3. Lockpick Hero challenges users in the art of lock circumvention. Pick a lock by moving the pick to an appropriate angle and attempt to rotate the lock using the wrench. The tension gauge helps you keep track of pick stress to avoid failing a pick attempt.
    The game also has a really fun achievements system. Trophies can be earned for performance or completing certain tasks. They pop up during gameplay, and are stored on your achievements page.

Features:
    - Two touch point play mechanic
    - Tension gauge to monitor pick stress
    - Infinite locks and increasing difficulty
    - Gameplay Stats and Averages
    - Trophy / Achievement system

Here some screenshots:

Please Register or Log in to view images

AppStore link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=324653095&mt=8

Hope you check it out.
  2. iPod Clutch

iPod Clutch New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    looks boring =(
  3. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^^^ agreed by the way nothing complex with this game!!(more like entertainment) it should be free !! come on developers its not like a huge achievement !!!
  4. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks very interesting. Bet it was agonizing to code.
  5. BadKarma

BadKarma Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Man, if I thought lockpicking in Fallout 3 was annoying. Anyway looks nice.
  6. geonsteelers

geonsteelers New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok... Looks boring. I think you didn't have to post a thread for Lockpicking.
  7. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Devs can promote their apps if they want.
  8. KingJamesIII

KingJamesIII New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all,
    sorry to hear some feedback "boring"... The game is a lot of fun, specifically if you liked the lockpicking in Fallout 3. If you thought the lockpicking mechanic in fallout 3 was boring, then fair enough, this game might not do it for you.
    If you did like it tho, theres a lot more here too. Trophies are a blast to achieve, and the game offers statistics at the end of the round which are pretty cool to check out.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    @matinsa2005 - Definitely understand where your coming from, I guess a lot of things should be free... But, developers put a ton of work into these apps (big or small), and have expenses associated with that work. I can pretty much assure that you'll get your $0.99 worth out of just about any title, or you could spend it on moonpies and penny whistles

Either way were not talking about breaking the bank here.
    Developers have to pay out licensing just to show up free or not, and distribution fees. Myself, like most devs just make these things for fun and to hear about others enjoying them. If I made even a micro % of my actual cash cost, I'd dance like a happy prospector.
    But hey no worries, I do appreciate the feedback. Hope you check it out. Send me some links to your apps when they hit the store, and I'll definitely take a peak.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    @Radish - thanks.
    It certainly was fairly tough to code for such a straight forward concept. All the heavy lifting is in the lock mechanic, where sensitivity and fun need to be balanced. So it was tweak, test, tweak, test, rinse, repeat...
  9. poopstain

poopstain New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice work, but I'm afraid to say that lock picking was one of the most frustrating parts of Fallout for me.. Maybe if I didn't always run out of bobby pins! I don't know if I could come to like this game after the frustration I've been through.

Maybe I'll give it a go later on though.

10. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u know what i see a point that was a great answer ill definitely buy it by the way accept my apology about what i said in my last post!!!u r a developer who deserve of getting paid i wanna see some good apps from u in future !!!