New Firmware & Mod Idea

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by slain, Nov 7, 2007.

1. slain

slain New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey

Please Register or Log in to view images

The new firmware is coming out soon, and I'm not going to update until there's a new Jailbreak out

But, in any case, when this new jailbreak is released, how will it be implemented? I mean, will we have to reinstall ALL our Applications and Themes again? Or would we be able to update, jailbreak and keep the old Applications? Or is there a way to back up the Applications? [WinSCP and saving folders?]

--

Mod Idea: App Manager: Does what it says - Manages your Apps

Holding the "Home" button down for 6 seconds is annoying as it is. The App Manager would simply be a Task Manager for the iPoT, perhaps with an interface similar to Finder. I think this has been suggested before, but I'm not sure. App Manager would feature a list similar to Finder, and next to the App would be "End Task", and I'm unsure if anything else could be implemented.
  2. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, but the ipod isn't complex enough to need a task manager
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Also, you can view which applications are running and kill them via terminal commands.
  4. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

do you know where I can get a list of commands for ssh, I would be interested in viewing the process on my touch.???
  5. Leixner

Leixner New Member

I think, that you must restore your iPot to update him, because when its jailbreaked, it´ll be bricked with the update. TO safe the Apps maybe DOwload the Apps from yopur iPod TOuch, and wehen its jailbreaked again just copy them on it.