New Firmware (1.1.1 >), then what?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by atticus182, Nov 4, 2007.

1. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

I was just wondering.. when apple releases a new firmware update for the iPod touch, of course then I want to install it..! But what will happen to all the apps I have installed (like Mail, Maps, Apollo, SMB, Installer!), will i have to reset my touch, or will it work out just fine? I'm just wondering how that went with earlier firmware updates, and what is to be expected at future updates

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks in advance!
    Anton
  2. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

The firmware update will patch the TIFF exploit. So if you do decide to update your touch there is a possibility of it becoming a brick. All of your apps, music, videos, etc. will disappear. When the new update comes up DO NOT update. Most likely it will only be bug fixes so there is really no reason to update.
  3. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

Okay thanks alot man.. knowing myself I would immediately have updated it XD

But Apple is supposed to update the firmware so that the Flash stuff works in Safari very soon (at least that's what an apple employee said in an interview),, do you think that there will be fixes(hacks) for that as soon as they may implement this into the new firmware?
  4. brds

brds New Member

If you do plan on updating, the best thing to do would be to restore your iPot through iTunes so that you dont get a brick
  5. hopper

hopper New Member

Doesn't itunes automatically restore AND update (via the Internet) at the same time? In other words, we won't be able to restore without updating soon. Can anyone confirm?
  6. atticus182

atticus182 New Member

I believe it asks first if you want to update your firmware after restoring, but i'm not onehundred percent sure...
  7. Shaneypoo

Shaneypoo New Member

nop, it downloads the latest firmware before it restores then it restores with firmware
  8. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In any case, I can imagine that once the new firmware comes out, any changes on it will be copied and made available pretty quickly for 1.1.1, such as flash (if it actually happens) or bug fixes, and if not, another way to jailbreak the new firmware will hopefully be found.
  9. curlbigtimeballn

curlbigtimeballn New Member

hey what you want to do is copy your current ipod 1.1.1 firmware from your application data then if you ever have problems just got to itunes and hold shift and restore and it will give you a menue or somthing select the 1.1.1 restore file. but do not extract it itunes will do it bye it self Q: curlbigtimeballn@aol.com
  10. Viper2005

Viper2005 New Member