new fan needs help starting out and test as an rf TV remote via network from others

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by toml, Dec 26, 2007.

1. toml

toml New Member

Just started this and hope to learn how to change touch to have apps and many other features not included. Also interested in seeing if anyone has used this as an RF remote via a home network or ways to test. Thanks for the site and for all those who give to help others enjoy the toys!!
    Tom

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. whitegreyhat

whitegreyhat New Member

call me ignorant but RF remote? What sort of sensors does an ipod touch have in it ? I would love to read all about it but I mean i figured i spend 400 and the box tells me to go to apple.com/ipod for a manual and just gives me a quick start guide and a great picture of john lennon on the box which im sure cost more money than the japaneses workers weekly pay to print it...
  3. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry, but I really don't think there will ever be "RF remote" functionality for the iPod as all it has is Wi-Fi :/.

However, if you would like to jailbreak ("learn how to change touch to have apps and many other features not included") just visit the "Jailbreak" section to learn how. I recommend watching 'ipodtouchmaster's videos on YouTube. They are amazing, and they helped me as well jailbreak for the first time.

Welcome to iPTF and good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

EmanjL.